Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• vikram kumar 6 posts 57 karma points
    Dec 01, 2014 @ 08:21
    vikram kumar

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.IdentityModel' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied

I have Umbraco 7 installed and running on my development machine (Windows 8.1) but when I deploy it on production(Windows Server 2008 R2), the backoffice/admin login doesn't work and says

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.IdentityModel' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied. [FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.]
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +0
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +34
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +152
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection) +77
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +16
       System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +28
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +38

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.]
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +752
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +218
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +130
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +170
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetPreStartInitMethodsFromReferencedAssemblies() +91
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods(String preStartInitListPath, Boolean& isRefAssemblyLoaded) +285
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart() +153
       System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +516

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9913572
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254

I can see Windows Identity pack installed and have also set all possible permissions on folder C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Windows Identity Foundation\v3.5

Please suggest how to resolve this issue.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 01, 2014 @ 09:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Vikram

What exact version of Umbraco did you install? And how did you install it? Was it using Nuget, Webmatrix or was it done manually?

/Jan

Dec 01, 2014 @ 09:21
    vikram kumar

Jan,

It was 7.1.9 and installed via Nuget.

Dec 01, 2014 @ 09:24
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Vikram

Ok - So on your server have you setup permissions for the network user and iusr accounts on your Umbraco folder? It should have full control and be inherited all the way down. You can see more about permissions here http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/permissions

And does the server have all required pre-requisites installed in order to be able to run Umbraco?

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Dec 01, 2014 @ 09:41
    vikram kumar

Jan,

I even gave full access to "Users" group on entire website but will revisit and crosscheck with your permission reference document. What are the prerequisites?

I have

.net framework upto 4.5.1

IIS 7.5

SQL Server 2012

FYI, 

The front-end runs well, I am just unable to login to backoffice. The login page opens fine but submitting login information throws this error in browser console.

Dec 01, 2014 @ 09:46
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Vikram

The prerequisites match the stuff you mention above as pr. this documentation here http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/system-requirements

What is the message you see in the browser console? It does not seem to be a part of your former post :)

/Jan

Dec 02, 2014 @ 06:48
    vikram kumar

Jan,

I have hosted this application at http://beta.valueworx.com/. As you can see the front-end works fine but back-end doesn't open. Attached are the screenshots.I am not sure from where it is trying to load Microsoft.IdentityModel assembly. 

http://beta.valueworx.com/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/GetCurrentUser throws the error

"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied."

I have crosschecked. The permissions are fine.

Dec 02, 2014 @ 07:38
    Dec 02, 2014 @ 08:22
    vikram kumar

The installer says it is already installed. Also, If it was not installed, there must be no directory as C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Windows Identity Foundation\v3.5. This folder exists, it means it is installed.

Dec 02, 2014 @ 09:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Vikram

Looking through the stack trace it seems the identity model is trying to run against .net framework 3.5.0? Or am I misreading it?

Perhaps reading this can help? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.identitymodel.aspx

/Jan

Dec 04, 2014 @ 06:26
    vikram kumar

Thanks Jan,

It was something related to Plesk. Following the the instructions mentioned at http://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/30886/registration-pages-not-working.aspx solved the issue.

Dec 04, 2014 @ 07:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Vikram

You're welcome - Happy that you found a solution and that you shared so others can benefit :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft