Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Niels Steinmeier 3 posts 28 karma points
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 14:36
    Niels Steinmeier

Feature request for the image cropper

Hi guys,

I am NOT a developer (in spite of my last name) and I do not do code. But I'm using Umbraco a lot, and I have a few ideas to improve it – especially the Image Cropper.

It would be awesome to be able to copy a crop made on one image onto another. If you website features a lot of product / pack shots, and they are all shot the same way in a studio. This would be a VERY easy and fast way to get that consistency we all strive for :D

Furthermore I would love for someone to make it possible to apply "guides" in the cropper. Guides that stick, so the same guides are shown on all images (pr. crop). This way it would make it SO much easier to for instance bottom align all your images.

Well ... just a christmasy thought :D

//Niels Steinmeier 

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 15:27
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Niels,

Welcome to Our! Thanks for sharing some really interesting ideas for the image cropper. As well as sharing here it's a great idea to create a feature request issue on the Umbraco issue tracker here.

I have recently been working on a project where we also had hundreds of studio shots all taken in the same way (product on white background), our solution is to use the amazing entropy crop method of ImageProcessor so that the cropped image only contains the image, then we use CSS to consistently position the images within the layout.

Jeavon

• Niels Steinmeier 3 posts 28 karma points
    Dec 11, 2014 @ 11:45
    Niels Steinmeier

Hi Jeavon,

Thank you for your reply. I'll surely put it as a feature request.

And thaks for a cool tip on how to extend the cropper for some specific situations. I can easily picture us using that, so thank you very much!

#h5yr

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft