Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 07, 2014 @ 10:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Umbraco 7.2 final: Getting YSOD when wanting to create partial view in the backoffie?

Hi guys'n'girls

Finally I got to spinup Umbraco 7.2 - I wanted to play around with the very awesome grid editor and I want to extend it so therefore I want to add a new partial view template.

But when I'm trying to do that I get the dreaded YSOD about the UI.xml file being corrupt. enter image description here

So I'm just wondering if anyone else is able to reproduce this? If so I'll file a bug report about it.

I installed Umbraco by downloading the .zip file from the downloads page, unblock the zip file and then unzipped it. Then on the unzipped folder I right clicked and opened it with webmatrix, launching the website and going through the installation process, which went smooth as expected.

It's a clean installation and this is my first attempt to add anything in it.

Looking forward to learn if others can reproduce.

Cheers, Jan

• Jeavon Leopold 3074 posts 13631 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 07, 2014 @ 10:24
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Jan,

Yes I saw that error late on Friday, it's only when you create the file in the sub folder right?

I was going to make sure I could reproduce on Monday before reporting but I don't think I need to now you've got it also!

I installed with NuGet so I think it's a general bug.

Cheers,

Jeavon

Dec 07, 2014 @ 10:25
    Jan Skovgaard

It does not happen if I right click the "Partial views" folders and click "Create" but if I right click the "Grid" folder and click "Create" then BOOM there it is. Seems like a bug since I was able to reproduce on a clean installation where I chose to run the Fanoe starter kit as well.

/Jan

Dec 07, 2014 @ 10:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jeavon

Thanks for confirming the issue - I'll file the issue straight away! :)

/Jan

Dec 07, 2014 @ 10:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jeavon (And others)

I filed a bug report here http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5959 - Feel free to vote it up and add any further comments if there is more information to add.

Thanks.

/Jan

• Jeavon Leopold 3074 posts 13631 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 07, 2014 @ 10:46
    Jeavon Leopold

Good man!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft