Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Netadmin 6 posts 26 karma points
    Dec 08, 2014 @ 19:11
    Netadmin

HTTP 500 trying to save/publish new document

The info the the app_data tracelog.txt below has been showing up since I tried to save & publish a document this morning.  When I try to view in Preview, I get the 'HTTP 500 internal server error'.

I've restarted the website but I feel there's a deeper issue here.  

thanks for any help

Scott Murphy

014-12-08 12:04:49,137 [22] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 20] An unhandled exception occurred

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at ASP._Page_Views_Partials_GetSummryView_cshtml.Execute() in c:\inetpub\wwwiqumbraco2014\Views\Partials\GetSummryView.cshtml:line 10

at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy()

at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()

at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage)

at System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance)

at System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)

at Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)

at System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper.RenderPartialInternal(String partialViewName, ViewDataDictionary viewData, Object model, TextWriter writer, ViewEngineCollection viewEngineCollection)

at System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData)

at System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName)

at ASP._Page_Views_SummeryView_cshtml.Execute() in c:\inetpub\wwwiqumbraco2014\Views\SummeryView.cshtml:line 19

at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy()

at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()

at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage)

at System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance)

at System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)

at Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)

at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context)

at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)

at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__17()

at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)

at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19()

at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)

at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19()

at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult)

at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)

at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__19()

at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0()

at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _)

at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End()

at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar)

at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar)

at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 08, 2014 @ 21:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Scott and welcome to our :)

Could you tell us a bit more about your setup?

1. What does the code in the mentioned view look like? (GetSummryView.cshtml)
    2. What version of Umbraco are you using?
    3. What changes have been made since this started to happen?
    4. Have you installed any 3rd party packages recently that could be the cause?
    5. Have you made a custom property editor, which might be the cause?
    6. Have you made any back office customization using the Umbraco API?
    7. How are you hosting the site? And are you having the issue on a local site or a live site?
    8. Did anything change on the server?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Dec 08, 2014 @ 21:27
    Netadmin

Hi Jan,

Umbraco version 7.1.4 assembly: 1.0.5261.28127

Locally hosted site.  Our developers informed us (somewhat later, I'm afraid) that they put a requirement of an image with a doc upload on this page.  because no image was present, the page 'fell on itself'.  once i put in an image, voila!  right in front of my nose.

thanks for the attention

best

scott

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 08, 2014 @ 21:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Scott

Ok, so you got it sorted now? Or do I misunderstand? :)

Good if it's fixed and you're welcome.

/Jan

Dec 08, 2014 @ 22:49
    Netadmin

Yes, it's sorted now, thanks again!

Best

Scott

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft