Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robin Nicholl 137 posts 277 karma points
    Dec 09, 2014 @ 16:14
    Robin Nicholl

Combine collections with Razor

I have a multisite installation, and I want to make a collection that contains all the 'news' nodes of all the sites so that I can display news from each site on the 'master' site. Eg...

var collection1 = CurrentPage.Descendants("NewsPageSite1").OrderBy("publishDate desc");
    var site2 = Umbraco.ContentAtRoot().Last();
    var collection2 = site2.Descendants("NewsPageSite2").OrderBy("publishDate desc");
    var comboCollection = collection1 + collection2;
    foreach( var node in comboCollection ) {
        @* dostuff *@
    }

Is this possible? And, if so, how can I order the new, combined collection?

Also, is there a way I can get the site nodes other than Umbraco.ContentAtRoot().First() and .Last() - which obviously limits me to the first and the last node?

Thanks

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Dec 10, 2014 @ 08:52
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Robin,

You can use .Concat() or .AddRange() methods for combining lists.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4488054/merge-two-or-more-lists-into-one-in-c-sharp-net

Thanks

Dec 10, 2014 @ 14:14
    Robin Nicholl

Thanks, Alex – very helpful and has done the trick!

Dec 10, 2014 @ 14:42
    Robin Nicholl

One more thing. I need to be able to get the various collections, ideally by somehow referencing the site nodes by name, eg:

var collection1 = Umbraco.ContentAtRoot().First().Descendants("NewsPageSite1").Where("Visible");
    var collection2 = [ site node named eg "Site 2" ].Descendants("NewsPageSite2").Where("Visible");
    var collection3 = [ site node named eg "Site 3" ].Descendants("NewsPageSite3").Where("Visible");
    var collection4 = Umbraco.ContentAtRoot().Last().Descendants("NewsPageSite4").Where("Visible");

Getting the first and last site nodes is easy enough, but how can I get the 2nd, 3rd, etc – particularly as I may want to get just 1, 2 and 4 or 1 and 3 etc.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft