Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Vannay 5 posts 25 karma points
    Dec 10, 2014 @ 10:36
    David Vannay

Umbraco 7.2.0 RTE not working

Hello,

I updated Umbraco from 7.1.8 to 7.2.0 first on my local machine and it worked just fine. Then I tried to do the same on a server and the Rich Text Editor is displayed as a Textbox with a source code. Can someone help me out?

Regards David

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Dec 10, 2014 @ 10:42
    Dave Woestenborghs

Have you deployed the umbraco en umbraco_client folder as well ?

Also have you updated the version number in the ClientDependency.config in the config folder ?

Dave

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 10, 2014 @ 10:45
    Dennis Aaen

Hi David and welcome to our,

This is not something I have seen before myself but what I think that you could try to see if it solved this issue is go to the developer section if you have access to it, and open up the Data types folder, in this find the data type for the Rich Text Editor, and make sure that the property editor is set to the Rich Text Editor.

If it already uses the Rich Text Editor, as the property editor then you could try to change it to something else, hit save and then try change it back to the Rich Text Editor, and save it again to see if this does any difference.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Dec 10, 2014 @ 10:59
    David Vannay

Thank you guys for quick responses.

I have already tried everything you said before. However, nothing worked.

David

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Dec 10, 2014 @ 11:03
    Per Ploug

Hi David

Could you open the content page with the broken editor in chrome, while chrome devtools are open, so you could spot any JS errors, tinymce could for reasons unknown have problems loading on the client-side - so browser exceptions could be very helpful on tracking this down

/Per

Dec 10, 2014 @ 12:00
    David Vannay

Thank you for your reply Per.

I found the problem. It was caused by the TMG Server, so it was not an Umbraco error. I will post the solution here when I get to it.

EDIT: This means the error was not caused by the update as I thought in the beginning.

David

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft