Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Dec 10, 2014 @ 15:48
    Graham Carr

URL Rewrite Issues?

I am running Umbraco 7.1.6 and I have just put a website live and have over 180 redirects to implement which I have added to the URLRewriting.config file within the configs directory. The rewrites looks as follows:

<add name="About182" virtualUrl="^~/english/your-business/water-companies" rewriteUrlParameter="ExcludeFromClientQueryString" destinationUrl="/industries/water/" redirect="Application" redirectMode="Permanent" ignoreCase="true" />

The issue I am having is that some redirects such as :

<add name="About1" virtualUrl="^~/english" rewriteUrlParameter="ExcludeFromClientQueryString" destinationUrl="/" redirect="Application" redirectMode="Permanent" ignoreCase="true" />

work fine whereas other such as the above give a 404 error with the URL in the browser showing:

//your-business/water-companies

which obviously isnt the destinationUrl as set above which should redirect to the new homepage, another example:

<add name="About4" virtualUrl="^~/english/company/about-us" rewriteUrlParameter="ExcludeFromClientQueryString" destinationUrl="/about-us/" redirect="Application" redirectMode="Permanent" ignoreCase="true" />

shows in the browser as:

//company/about-us

whereas:

<add name="About2" virtualUrl="^~/english/airport-fuelling/airport-fuel-hydrant-tightness-monitoring" rewriteUrlParameter="ExcludeFromClientQueryString" destinationUrl="/industries/aviation/" redirect="Application" redirectMode="Permanent" ignoreCase="true" />

shows the correct destinationURL of:

/industries/aviation

The domains DNS is still propagating after only being initiated a couple of hours ago, are these issues related to that or is there some other reason that I can't see that is causing some redirects to work and some others not?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft