Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Roma 18 posts 38 karma points
    Dec 10, 2014 @ 16:57
    Dan Roma

Upgrade Umbraco Screen on Deployment

I am working on a project where everything I do a build to my test server.  The "Upgrade Umbraco" screen popups. I never seen this before in the past and it only happens everytime I publish to my stage site.  Can anyone help?

Regards,

Dan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 10, 2014 @ 17:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

I'll give it a shot...Can you tell more details about your setup?

What version of Umbraco are you using? Has it just started to happen or have it been like this in all the life cycle of the project? What is your deployment strategy? Are you using Visual studio for it? How are you running Umbraco? Is it running on Azure or are you using a dedicated server or shared hosting?

Please provide as much detail as possible.

/Jan

Dec 10, 2014 @ 17:20
    Dan Roma

Umbraco version 7.1.4 assembly: 1.0.5261.28127

I've only seen it on this project, I didnt see any issues in my last project. Yes, I've noticed this since inception of the project. Deployment strategy is build and develop locally, and push to a staging or test server to resolve any bugs.  After completion, deploy to a production server.

I am using Visual Studio 2013 MVC 4, I used this link - http://www.systenics.com/blog/setting-up-umbraco-7-in-visual-studio-2013-for-mvc-4-development/.

No I'm not using Azure, dedicated, or share hosting.  This is all happening within our network.

Dec 10, 2014 @ 17:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Ok, so you're using a build-server like teamcity?

Have you excluded the /install folder from the project btw? If not then that's probably it. Just delete it from all the environments and you should be fine. I really should have asked this in the initial post :)

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Dec 10, 2014 @ 17:27
    Dan Roma

We use Jenkins 1.574..I have an Umbraco folder in the project which is not included. That has an install folder...where exactly is that folder located?

Dec 10, 2014 @ 18:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Can you save me a screendump of your site structure? Just want to make sure I get, which Umbraco folder you're talking about so there is no misunderstanding (There should only be one...but you never know :)).

In older versions of Umbraco the install folder was placed in the root at the same level as /bin, /appdata/,/umbraco,/umbracoclient etc. - But in newer v7 releases it has been moved and I'm not sure it's needed to delete it anymore though if it's placed in the new location. (Just can't remember when the change was introduced).

But I don't think it would hurt to remove it fromt the new location - but that might be trial'n'error so make sure to keep a backup.

/Jan

Dec 10, 2014 @ 19:19
    Dan Roma

Dec 10, 2014 @ 19:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

When the site has been deployed does all the files and folders exist on the deployment target? And what does the umbracoConfigurationStatus say? Is it empty or does it have a value?

/Jan

Dec 10, 2014 @ 19:46
    Dan Roma

Structures look similiar. umbracoConfigurationStatus=7.1.4

• Gus Braz 14 posts 38 karma points
    Jun 04, 2015 @ 09:26
    Gus Braz

Hi Dan,

Make sure that your web.config on stage has the correct version of the umbraco update (same as in the web.config of your local)

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="7.2.5" />

Cheers,

Gus

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft