Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• guttorm haaversen 1 post 21 karma points
    Dec 10, 2014 @ 23:07
    guttorm haaversen

developer and site problem provideruserkey returned int with 7.1.4 reurns guid with 7.2

Hi..

Today i encountered an unexpected problem when upgrading from umbraco 7.1.4 to 7.2

The function membership.getuser.provideruserkey has returned int and life has been good. Until today.

in addition, i was able to see the alphabetical all member list in the unbraco admin portal.

After upgrading to 7.2 today, the provideruserkey function now returns guid, and i can no longer see the all members list.

The two problems above are probably related. I thought guid was returned with the 3.5 .net framework. And int returned with the 4 .net and later framewoek

any clues will be greatly appreciated

Regards

Guttorm haaversen, kristiansand, norway

• Shannon Deminick 1526 posts 5272 karma points MVP 3x
    Dec 15, 2014 @ 02:02
    Shannon Deminick

Hi, which membership provider are you using ? Are you using the legacy one from 6.x or the new one? You can check this in your web.config, the membership provider will be either listed as:

Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.MembersMembershipProvider

or the old one:

umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider

The value returned for this is specific to the provider which is why it is type of 'object', it has nothing to do with the .Net framework version, it's just purely up to the implementation. Perhaps the SQL server provider in .net changed it's provideruserkey value at some stage but not sure.

The new provider should have always returned a GUID but as far as i remember until this revision https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/commit/e3284c883300187c9fca2ed8c972a3d5a46391f9 it was actually an empty object. I think the legacy membership provider probably returned an int but I'll have to run some tests and double check.

In 7.2, there is no alphabetical list whatsoever, members are now managed with a list view. In the member tree you will see the list of member types, including a node that says 'all members'. If you click on it, you will see all of your members in a list view format.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Dec 15, 2014 @ 21:15
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Just as an update, this is now fixed in version 7.2.1 which we just released. Make sure to upgrade to get your lovely integers back!
    http://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/721

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft