Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ds 191 posts 223 karma points
    Dec 11, 2014 @ 14:28
    ds

Backoffice display problem?

Hi All,

I have recently upgraded from 7.19 to 7.2.0. What happens after upgrading is that when I log in the backoffice, I see that after a while menu dissappears and content section is all blank. I have to reload many times to get all menu structure and content section back. Moreover, same thing happens after a while again.

Any suggestion much appreciated.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 11, 2014 @ 14:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi DS

Can you explain what exact steps you followed when you did the upgrade? Was it done manually or using nuget? And are you making use of any 3rd party packages that may not be compatible for some reason? Or do you have any customization of the Umbraco backoffice yourself etc? :)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Dec 11, 2014 @ 15:59
    ds

Hi Jan,

As explained in here http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/upgrading/general, I have just copied folders manually;

• bin
    • /Umbraco
    • /Umbraco_Client

Apart from it, I did not do any update or change.

I do not use any 3rd party packages. It is just a clean install with starter kit template and for you last question I did not do any customization on backoffice

thanks, deniz

Dec 11, 2014 @ 16:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi DS

Ok, so maybe it's worth doing this

1: Go to the /App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency.config and delete the files 2: Go to /config/ClientDependency.config and increment the version attribute 3: Recycle the app pool

Does this help any?

/Jan

Dec 12, 2014 @ 09:14
    ds

Hi Jan,

I did what you suggested and try website how it functions but it is still the same and problem remains.

but for clarification, please tell me what I did is whether true or false.

I changed ;

<clientDependency version="416725728" fileDependencyExtensions=".js,.css" loggerType="Umbraco.Web.UI.CdfLogger, umbraco">

as;

<clientDependency version="516725728" fileDependencyExtensions=".js,.css" loggerType="Umbraco.Web.UI.CdfLogger, umbraco">

Is it OK?

Thanks, deniz

Dec 12, 2014 @ 20:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Deniz

Yup that should do. You could also have changed it to 416725729 for instance. The thing that matters is that the number is different from before.

Do you get any error messages in your browser console when the error happens?

What operating system are you using?

/Jan

Dec 12, 2014 @ 23:30
    ds

Hi Jan,

I do not get any error messages but if I get, I let you know.

I use windows 7 professional.

What happened also today is that when I did any change on template and saved it, it showed it was successful but in contrary when you look again template, nothing saved.

what happens most is to dissappear menu items and get blank backoffice.

I do not know but maybe after downloading umbraco 7.2.0 file, I might have forgotton "Unblock" from zip file properties. Do you think that it might cause it? If it does, does it help re-upload upgrade files after unblocking from zip file ?

Thanks, deniz

Dec 13, 2014 @ 07:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Deniz

Ok, well unblocking the zip file might be a good idea if you're using the build in zip tool from windows.

But I'm thinking that perhaps you need to check your permission settings? Does NETWORK SERVICE and IUSR accounts have full access to the folder containing your Umbraco installation? And are the permissions inherited all the way down to the last file/folder in the dir?

Also...is your IIS website application pool being run by the network service? And is it running integrated mode?

/Jan

Dec 16, 2014 @ 09:05
    ds

Hi Jan,

Sorry for late reply. I am testing whether it works or not after making some changes and I let you know as soon as I confront with problems again.

thank you, deniz

Dec 16, 2014 @ 15:18
    ds

Hi again Jan,

After testing the website, problem still remains. What I have done so far is in the following;

1. After checking that a new version is available which is 7.2.1, I downloaded rar file and unlocked the blocking from properties at first.
    2. I uploaded /bin, /Umbraco, /Umbraco_Client folder to the root folder of website which is "wwwroot"
    3. Based on your suggestions, after upgrading I checked /App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency.config and deleted the files
    4. I incremented the version attribute /config/ClientDependency.config. After that, stopped and restarted website( but I am not sure whether it is the same "Recycle the app pool" suggestion)
    5. I contacted to hosting company and asked for permission. On root folder and subfolder/files there has a NETWORK SERVICE account and an account with the same name of domain have read and write permissions but I could not see any IUSR accounts. The hosting company stated that for securtiy reasons they do not give permissions to IUSR accounts.
    6. ASP.net version is .4 Integrated Pipeline and most probably IIS website application pool being run by the network service

Based on the info above, what might cause the problem?

Any suggestion much appreciated. Thanks, deniz

Dec 16, 2014 @ 16:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Deniz

Ok, judging from the above approach it does not seem like you have merged the /config/ folder when doing the upgrade? Also it might be a good idea to have a look at the web.config and see if something should be merged between the 2 versions.

Winmerge is a good tool for the job btw :)

Hope this helps!

/Jan

Dec 18, 2014 @ 07:51
    ds

Hi jan,

After trying all your suggestion, I had no luck so I went for a clean install and uploaded 7.2.1.

All admin content works except the section of "Media Types" and Document Types". When I hit those two section, I get the following error.

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid column name 'id'.]

What do you think, it might cause it.

Thanks, deniz

• Osman Coskun 164 posts 398 karma points
    Jan 06, 2015 @ 16:14
    Osman Coskun

Hi Deniz,

I think this is releated with Turkish collation settings of your system.

After installing Umbraco run the following query in SQL Server Database.

ALTER DATABASE databaseName SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
    ALTER DATABASE databaseName COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS
    ALTER DATABASE databaseName SET MULTI_USER
    Good luck ;)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft