Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian P 1 post 21 karma points
    Dec 11, 2014 @ 23:48
    Brian P

Umbraco 7.2 Preview Error

After upgrading to Umbraco 7.2 from 7.1.6, the preview page does not display properly.  It turns out that there were a number of css and js files that were referenced in the preview HTML source that did not resolve because the URLs assume Umbraco was installed at the root directory.  For example:

<link href="/Umbraco/assets/css/canvasdesigner.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
        <link href="/Umbraco/lib/spectrum/spectrum.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
        <link href="/Umbraco/lib/jquery/jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.min.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

Should in fact be:

<link href="/pathToUmbraco/Umbraco/assets/css/canvasdesigner.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
        <link href="/pathToUmbraco/Umbraco/lib/spectrum/spectrum.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
        <link href="/pathToUmbraco/Umbraco/lib/jquery/jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.min.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

Is this a bug, or did I miss a step during the upgrade?  Thanks.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 14, 2014 @ 19:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brian and welcome to our :)

Have you tried clearing the Umbraco cache files after you finished the upgrade?

I just tried using the preview function on a clean installation of 7.2 where I don't see any error messages in my browser console when using the preview mode.

If you don't know how to clear the cache then follow these steps :)

1: Go to the /App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency folder and clear the files inside it 2: Go to the /Config/ClientDependency.config file and increment the version attribute 3: Recycle the app pool by touching the web.config or doing a iisreset

Does this help?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft