Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lindsay Avery 13 posts 54 karma points
    Dec 12, 2014 @ 04:34
    Lindsay Avery

Newbie - wondering if there is a way to create dynamic properties

I'm very new to Umbraco and am wondering if there is a way with any prebuilt or current add-ins(a la nuPickers) that I can iterate over selected content and create a datatype for each result in a document type.  Example - I have a category node called Car Manufacturer & underneath it is content for each manufacturer - like Audi, Chevrolet, etc.  I'd like to have a catalog page for "cars" that allows me to select 3 cars per manufacturer to display on the page.  I can do this programmatically I just am looking for an easy way for content authors to update and 2) have a manufacturer show up as an option on the catalog page dynamically when they are added to the Car Manufacturer content. 

So in my ideal, when you edit the catalog page it would have:

Audi (label but also used in the treepicker to filter out only those autos that are audis)
     - Multinode tree picker to select 3 Cars
    Chevrolet
     -Multinode tree picker to select 3 Cars
    etc....

I have accepted I may have to create a new propertyeditor to do this but thought I'd reach out and see if someone had any thoughts or different ways to do what I am thinking. I may be thinking of this backwards but looking for some insight and/ior help.  Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft