Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• arf123 4 posts 34 karma points
    Dec 12, 2014 @ 12:32
    arf123

Umbraco SQL Sever Compact Edition things dispersing

Hi I have been building a couple of Umbraco 7.2.0 sites over the past couple of days using the default database configuration SQL Sever Compact Edition where the file is stored locally. These are fresh solutions which are pulling in the latest Umbraco Nugget packages.

I have been noticing several problems of doc types, media items and content diapering from the back office after I have created them, when server stops and restarts. I know that I have created them correctly because I have looked at them in the front end and seen that new content is working and two minutes later things start just randomly dispersing. I.e refresh the page or restart debugging and content on the page is empty and then go and check the back office and notice things have just vanished and I have to recreate them all over again. This is doctypes, mediatypes, media folders and content pages.

It just seems that running the DB within visual studio and stopping and starting the project for development purposes is causing things in the database to corrupt and become unstable.

Currently I have some media items which are visible on the actual website but in the umbraco back office they are not there, I can search for them and they will come up but when I click on them I get errors along these lines:

Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): 
    /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Media/GetById 

This is also happens in reverse is when I have things visible in the back office but not displaying on the actual website, and when i go to click on them in the back office I get errors.

Is there any way to refresh the DB and get everything back in sync, i have tried republish the site but this dose not work and sometimes causes more problems.

Is anyone else having issues similar to this and any fixes for this to stop things just randomly disappearing as it is quite annoying having to recreate things constantly.

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Dec 12, 2014 @ 13:06
    Sören Deger

Hi,

I think this is related with this known issue:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4621

You can vote for it.

Best regards

Sören

• arf123 4 posts 34 karma points
    Dec 12, 2014 @ 13:18
    arf123

Thanks this is the exact issue I am having. It seems that SQL CE is an absolute POS and Umbraco should not be using this as the default install option, though it would be a good idea as it could be put under version control but for the hassle it has caused me I will remember not to go with option again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft