Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Dec 13, 2014 @ 01:17
    Craig100

V7.2 Media Upload crashing

Having awful problems uploading images into a Media folder on a V7.2 site. Can only upload one, then have to restart the app by touching web.config. This is on my local dev machine. The new image appears in the gallery list for a split second then disappears. If I touch the web.config file and restart the app then it completes correctly and creates it's crops.

Any advice appreciated.

Craig

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 13, 2014 @ 07:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Craig

That's odd...

Have you noticed if there are any errors in your console log when seeing this? Is it a fresh installation of 7.2? And have you checked the /App_Data/Logs file as well to see if it reveals anything related to the issue?

/Jan

Dec 13, 2014 @ 11:57
    Craig100

Latest test was to drag and drop 4 images of 100K each into the upload section of a Media folder. Only one file succeeded. There was no trace of any transaction in the UmbracoTraceLog.txt file for the previous hour other than the "Log Scrubbed" messages that appear every minute or so. It appears that something has to timeout and stop before another image can be uploaded.

The Chrome Dev Console is showing a 500 Error POST http://.....umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Media/PostAddFile. There is a ton of detail in it but can't work out how to copy it so I can paste it in here.

I should mention I'm running it from VS2013 on Windows 7 and a SQL CE DB for the moment.

Craig

Dec 13, 2014 @ 12:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Craig

Could you post a screendump then?

Sounds like a bug to me - Will see if I can reproduce on a clean installation later today.

/Jan

Dec 13, 2014 @ 12:19
    Craig100

Ok, here you go....

I should mention, Slimsy is installed as well. Image type changed to an image Media Type Upload Image property changed to an Image Cropper type. Crops are created when a successful upload happens.

Media UPload Failing

Dec 13, 2014 @ 15:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Craig

Ok, must have something to do with that since I could upload just fine when dragging and dropping 5 images of different types without any issues on a clean installation.

Don't know what the fix for this might be though. Perhaps Jeavon knows.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft