Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phuong 6 posts 36 karma points
    Dec 13, 2014 @ 04:01
    Phuong

How to change language in Umbraco Backoffice

Hi all.

Now, I want create a site umbraco Vietnamese language in backoffice. So I don't know how to config.

Can you help me?

Thanks!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 13, 2014 @ 07:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Phuong

Vietnamese is not one of the supported languages. But you can change what language the backoffice user should be using in the "Users" section. But currently Vietnamese is not supported.

But if you submit a feature request about it on the issue tracker and make a pull request with a translated language file then I think there is a good chance that HQ will accept it and merge it in so future versions have a vietnamese translation out of the box.

If you don't know how to make a pull request you can learn more about it by reading this article by Sebastiaan http://24days.in/umbraco/2014/your-first-pull-request/

The currently supported language are placed here in the source code on GitHub https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/tree/788a0241d828cecd09f84a2a356b643422c6599c/src/Umbraco.Web.UI/umbraco/config/lang and if you for instance make a copy of the en.xml file and name it vi.xml (or what the short code for Vietnam is) and then translate this file and make a pull request on the feature request on the issue tracker then there is a chance it will get into the core https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/tree/788a0241d828cecd09f84a2a356b643422c6599c/src/Umbraco.Web.UI/umbraco/config/lang

I think it would be nice if you would take the time to contribute :)

If you want to extend your current installation with a Vietnamese translation I think you should have a look in the /umbraco/config/lang folder and make a copy of the en.xml and make a translation of it into Vietnamese. I'm not 100% that it works though but it's the option that you should try out. Make sure to recycle the app pool when you're done translating and the file is renamed appropriately,

Hope this helps!

/Jan

• Phuong 6 posts 36 karma points
    Dec 14, 2014 @ 04:34
    Phuong

Thank Jan!

I created vi.xml file in lang folder and translate it to Vietnamese, so it work. It's very simple. Thank you very much. :)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 14, 2014 @ 15:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Phuong

Glad you got it working - If you don't mind I think you should take the opportunity to make a feature request on the issue tracker for support of the vietnamese language and make a pull request for it since you have already done the work. Then it might as well be included in the core :-)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft