Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Inx51 54 posts 107 karma points
    Dec 13, 2014 @ 18:19
    Inx51

Umbraco 7.2, no rich text editor is showing

Hi! When using the Rich text data type for a property, the TinyMCE-editor-bar doesnt show up..it just ends up with a plain text-area... am I missing something?

enter image description here

Br Inx

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 13, 2014 @ 19:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Inx

The rich text editor should be working.

How did you make the installation of Umbraco 7.2? And is it a clean install or did you do an upgrade? What database are you using?

/Jan

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Dec 14, 2014 @ 21:58
    Eric Schrepel

I'm having the same issue; upgraded from 7.1.8 to 7.2 today, now all rich text fields only show source code by default, with no toolbar atop and it's not sized correctly. Using SQL Server db, and everything else about the upgrade seemed to work fine (we've reverted back to 7.1.8 until we hear more about this issue). We're happy to provide our collection of .config files in case there's anything useful.

Also, at one point we'd modified /umbraco/lib/tinymce/tinymce.min.js to fix a left-right justification issue. When we did the 7.2 upgrade, we tried two things: 1) let the .js file get overwritten by the install, and 2) replace the .js file with our modified version after the install (also didn't help). Same error below after each option above.

The last screenshot is of the Chrome console log from the first screenshot.

Dec 15, 2014 @ 07:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eric

As I asked the original poster - How did you do the upgrade? Was it using nuget or manually? And did you remember to clear the Umbraco cache by clearing the clientdependency etc. ?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers, Jan

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Dec 15, 2014 @ 08:48
    Sören Deger

I had the same issue a few days ago:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/59669-Richtext-Editor-not-showing-after-update-to-720.

After clearing cache in Chrome it works.

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Dec 15, 2014 @ 19:15
    Eric Schrepel

So yes, clearing the Google Chrome cache worked for me also, but does that mean I have to instruct all our users to do the same?

Or can I avoid that by clearing the client dependency cache (by deleting App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency folder?).

Currently, the way we've been doing upgrades is stop the site, copy \bin, \umbraco, \umbraco_client, compare all config files then restart the site. I thought that process would take care of everything needed (as per the "how to upgrade" instructions).

Last question: If deleting the \ClientDependency folder does solve the trick, can that be automatically included in the Umbraco upgrade process so that we don't need to remember that step? (I'll be including it in my own upgrade process regardless now.)

Thanks for the solution though, happy to be experimenting with 7.2 now.

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 01:05
    Shannon Deminick

Clearing CDF cache won't help, changing the CDF version might because that cache busts requests, however it depends on if the rte is downloading it's assets via CDF, we'd have to check.

CDF version is auto-incremented on an upgrade anyways.

• Kim Gordon 7 posts 36 karma points
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 14:25
    Kim Gordon

Im having the same problem with the cache not updating. I can clear the cache, but that is not very user friendly...

RTE error

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Dec 24, 2014 @ 07:08
    Shannon Deminick

The tinymce assets are loaded based with a url that is both based on the current umbraco version and the cdf version, for example, the url to load tinymce js is:

/umbraco/lib/tinymce/tinymce.min.js?umb__rnd=7.2.1.9086123

if the version was 7.2.1 and the cdf version was: 9086123

so browser cache should really never be a problem when upgrading because the umbraco version has changed and the cdf version gets changed on upgrade as well.

Do you have js errors when you see that?

• Timothy Lee Russell 20 posts 43 karma points c-trib
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 01:49
    Timothy Lee Russell

Deleting the contents of the App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency folder worked for us.

• simon kerr 31 posts 85 karma points
    Jan 16, 2015 @ 10:53
    simon kerr

for me, in firefox, the issue seems to be caused when I'm logged in using https. When the connection is just http, the rte loads fine.

• Andrew Burgess 14 posts 73 karma points
    May 05, 2015 @ 18:30
    Andrew Burgess

I'm also having this issue. But, i've tried clearing both my browser cache and the client dependancy folder within temp. I'm still getting this issue.

Anyone?

May 05, 2015 @ 21:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andrew

I have made a reply to your own post about your issue here https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/64559-Rich-Text-Editor-not-showing-(Loading)# :)

/Jan

• Markus Johansson 1911 posts 5735 karma points MVP c-trib
    May 26, 2015 @ 16:10
    Markus Johansson

Great Sören! =D

"I had the same issue a few days ago:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/59669-Richtext-Editor-not-showing-after-update-to-720.

After clearing cache in Chrome it works.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft