Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
When using the Rich text data type for a property, the TinyMCE-editor-bar doesnt show up..it just ends up with a plain text-area... am I missing something?
The rich text editor should be working.
How did you make the installation of Umbraco 7.2? And is it a clean install or did you do an upgrade? What database are you using?
I'm having the same issue; upgraded from 7.1.8 to 7.2 today, now all rich text fields only show source code by default, with no toolbar atop and it's not sized correctly. Using SQL Server db, and everything else about the upgrade seemed to work fine (we've reverted back to 7.1.8 until we hear more about this issue). We're happy to provide our collection of .config files in case there's anything useful.
Also, at one point we'd modified /umbraco/lib/tinymce/tinymce.min.js to fix a left-right justification issue. When we did the 7.2 upgrade, we tried two things: 1) let the .js file get overwritten by the install, and 2) replace the .js file with our modified version after the install (also didn't help). Same error below after each option above.
The last screenshot is of the Chrome console log from the first screenshot.
As I asked the original poster - How did you do the upgrade? Was it using nuget or manually? And did you remember to clear the Umbraco cache by clearing the clientdependency etc. ?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
I had the same issue a few days ago:
After clearing cache in Chrome it works.
So yes, clearing the Google Chrome cache worked for me also, but does that mean I have to instruct all our users to do the same?
Or can I avoid that by clearing the client dependency cache (by deleting App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency folder?).
Currently, the way we've been doing upgrades is stop the site, copy \bin, \umbraco, \umbraco_client, compare all config files then restart the site. I thought that process would take care of everything needed (as per the "how to upgrade" instructions).
Last question: If deleting the \ClientDependency folder does solve the trick, can that be automatically included in the Umbraco upgrade process so that we don't need to remember that step? (I'll be including it in my own upgrade process regardless now.)
Thanks for the solution though, happy to be experimenting with 7.2 now.
Clearing CDF cache won't help, changing the CDF version might because that cache busts requests, however it depends on if the rte is downloading it's assets via CDF, we'd have to check.
CDF version is auto-incremented on an upgrade anyways.
Im having the same problem with the cache not updating. I can clear the cache, but that is not very user friendly...
The tinymce assets are loaded based with a url that is both based on the current umbraco version and the cdf version, for example, the url to load tinymce js is:
if the version was 7.2.1 and the cdf version was: 9086123
so browser cache should really never be a problem when upgrading because the umbraco version has changed and the cdf version gets changed on upgrade as well.
Do you have js errors when you see that?
Deleting the contents of the App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency folder worked for us.
for me, in firefox, the issue seems to be caused when I'm logged in using https. When the connection is just http, the rte loads fine.
I'm also having this issue. But, i've tried clearing both my browser cache and the client dependancy folder within temp. I'm still getting this issue.
I have made a reply to your own post about your issue here https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/64559-Rich-Text-Editor-not-showing-(Loading)# :)
Great Sören! =D"I had the same issue a few days ago:
After clearing cache in Chrome it works."
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted