Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Dec 14, 2014 @ 00:10
    Craig100

Document Type Compositions warning

I just lost 12 hours because of a doc type issue screwing the site. Had to start from scratch. Now it's happening again. Somewhere, somehow, Document Type Composition checkboxes are getting set/unset when not wanted. Although my basepage doctype is still there with all it's tabs, none of the subordinate doctypes have it's tabs, so all my pages show only bits of content and not what should be common to all from the basepage.

It's like the link between the basepage and my textpage is broken although the textpage properties page still says "Master content type enabled" it doesn't show the master's tabs. The textpage Document Type Compositions checkbox for the basepage is not checked and is greyed out.

I can create new doctypes under basepage that show it's tabs correctly.

It's a mess. Not sure this functionality has been tested enough before release. I have been ignoring it but it's blown me out of the water for no reason twice in 24 hours.

Now hoping I can replicate the textpage doctype and get away with it! Fingers crossed.

I never get a straight run with an Umbraco build, so much time wasted.

Craig

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Dec 14, 2014 @ 00:50
    Craig100

I think I've found why it happens. Created a nested set of DocTypes thus...

BasePage |----TextPage

Built a few pages all working nicely.

Then added a new DocType under TextPage |-----GalleryPage

This seems to have disturbed the linking between BasePage and TextPage. TextPage Document Compositions Section now says it's now the master to GalleryPage and can not be used as a composition. So I deleted GalleryPage but the BasePage checkbox on TextPage is still locked out. So all the pages based on TextPage have lost the tabs and properties from BasePage and can't be got back. Tried a total republish but that made no difference.

Having built this site twice in the last 36 hours I'm now scared to use 7.2 again. Think I might revert back to 7.1.8 for the 3rd build and forget about the Grid and other fancy stuff till it's more reliable.

• Fabian 23 posts 103 karma points
    Dec 18, 2014 @ 11:20
    Fabian

Hello, we have the same problem. We are using "Umbraco version 7.2.0 assembly: 1.0.5451.27165".
    Is there any solution for this problem. Without deleting and creating all the templates and content new?! 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 18, 2014 @ 11:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi guys

Unfortunately it's a known issue in 7.2, which is in progress according to the issue tracker http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5712

/Jan

• Fabian 23 posts 103 karma points
    Dec 18, 2014 @ 11:38
    Fabian

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft