Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anca N 10 posts 30 karma points
    Dec 15, 2014 @ 10:25
    Anca N

Our Umbrace StartKits Page

Hello, I've been trying to get some starter kits (ublogsy mostly) for a couple of days now and I cant. I keep bumping into this error. Any issues or am I doing something wrong?

enter image description here

Is it normal?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks, Anca

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 15, 2014 @ 10:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anca and welcome to our :)

Have you been trying to install them into Umbraco or have you been trying to download them wanting to install them in Umbraco? I'm a bit confused about where the error happens but I'm guessing that it's in Umbraco? If so what version of Umbraco are you using? The YSOD may be because the selected package is not compatible with the version of Umbraco you're trying to install it on.

/Jan

Dec 15, 2014 @ 10:32
    Anca N

Thankies for the welcome :)

I've tried to install them using umbraco and i keep getting asked to provide a "Installer.ascx.cs" that I do not have. So, naturally, I thought it was in a zip from the starter kits page but whenever I try to click to download the uBlogsy I get that error above.

In short, this error occurs on the umbraco website (http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/ublogsy).

Thank you, Anca

Dec 15, 2014 @ 10:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anca

What version of Umbraco are you using? uBlogsy might not be compatible with the version you're trying to install it on.

I just tried downloading the package from the package page and that worked fine.

/Jan

Dec 15, 2014 @ 10:39
    Anca N

Hello

I am using umbraco 7.2.

Could it be not working because I have the VS running so I can edit out my umbraco website?

Cheers,

Anca

Dec 15, 2014 @ 10:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anca

No I don't think the issue is related to visual studio.

I think the issue is that some of the code in uBlogsy might not be compatible with the 7.2 release.

When you download the package do you then go to the developer section and choose "import package"? And when doing so you click import/install and then get the YSOD from above?

If so it's probably an incompatibility issue.

/Jan

Dec 15, 2014 @ 10:46
    Anca N

Hello,

I tried with other blogs (blog4umbraco) and it did not work so I assumed it was a compatibility issue, so instead I just went to developer -> packages and looked up along the starter kits and tried to install from there. It worked fine (still trying to install) but it is asking me for installer.ascx.cs and I lack it unfortunately :(

Thanks,

Anca

Dec 15, 2014 @ 10:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anca

Yeah the blog4umbraco package is incompatible as well unfortunately since it's a very old package, which is only supported in some old old version of Umbraco 4.x.

I'm sorry that it has been a confusing start for you - But unfortunately there are many packages in the eco-system, which are abandoned and not being kept up to date.

A rule of thumb is to only install packages, which are tagged with 7.2.0 out of the box, which you can see here http://our.umbraco.org/Projects/ProjectsVersioned?v=720 - Those should be working. Some of the packages marked with 7.0 or 7.1 might also be compatible with 7.2.0 though.

In regards to uBlogsy I'll give it a shot on a clean 7.2.0 install once I get home from work to figure out whether I can install it or not.

I'll let you know how things turn out.

/Jan

Dec 15, 2014 @ 10:58
    Anca N

Hello,

I understand. I will have a look as I know you can install packages directly through umbraco too, but I still get the error when I try to download directly from the website link you sent me (I have no clue why).

Also if you could try install and tell me if it worked, it would be greatly appreciated :) so far struggling to find any guides!

Thanks for all the help!

Anca

Dec 15, 2014 @ 18:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anca

Ok, as promised I tried installing uBlogsy 3.1.0. When I finished the installation I got another YSOD, which said

Server Error in '/' Application.

Type is not resolved for member 'Umbraco.Core.Security.UmbracoBackOfficeIdentity,Umbraco.Core, Version=1.0.5451.27165, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Type is not resolved for member 'Umbraco.Core.Security.UmbracoBackOfficeIdentity,Umbraco.Core, Version=1.0.5451.27165, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SerializationException: Type is not resolved for member 'Umbraco.Core.Security.UmbracoBackOfficeIdentity,Umbraco.Core, Version=1.0.5451.27165, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.] System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.HostingEnvironmentShutdownInitiated(String appId, HostingEnvironment env) +0 System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.RemoveThisAppDomainFromAppManagerTableOnce() +171 System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.InitiateShutdownInternal() +289 System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.InitiateShutdownWithoutDemand() +31 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ShutdownAppDomain(String stackTrace) +448 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ShutdownAppDomainWithStackTrace(ApplicationShutdownReason reason, String message, String stackTrace) +42 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ShutdownAppDomain(ApplicationShutdownReason reason, String message) +32 System.Web.HttpRuntime.UnloadAppDomain() +58 uBlogsy.Web.usercontrols.uBlogsy.Dashboard.Installer.Install_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:_PROJECTS\Personal\uBlogsy\uBlogsy MVC\Source\uBlogsy.Web\usercontrols\uBlogsy\dashboard\Installer.ascx.cs:13 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +91 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +104 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +34 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2495

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34237

However if you just go to the "Content" section after seeing this I can see an unpublished rootnode containing the default uBlogsy tree setup. So apart from the error above, which I'm not sure what is about though, it seems to be working.

My steps for installing were

1: Download the 3.1.0 .zip file from the project page 2: Go to "Developer -> Packages -> Install local package" 3: I then choose "Choose file" and pick the uBlogsy_3.1.0 package and install it 4: Hitting the "Finish installation" button 5: Seeing the error message above 6: Seems to be working though

Hope this helps any.

/Jan

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 15, 2014 @ 18:49
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Anca and Jan,

I think I know what goes wrong here. Anca since you are usig Umbraco 7.2 I think you have the defaultRenderingEngine set to MVC, unless you have change it to WebForms in the /config/UmbracoSettings. The Umbraco 7 uses MVC as default.

When you want to use the uBlogsy and you uses MVC, you need to download the version 4.1, but it´s not the default download on the page, as you already have discovered the version 3.1 is the default download. So you can find the uBlogsy 4.1 down on this page http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/ublogsy, or you could download it here. /FileDownload?id=10575

The steps I would take from here is try to uninstall the uBlogsy 3.1, from you Umbraco 7.2, install, when you have done this, then try install the uBlogsy 4.1 and see if this goes better.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Dec 15, 2014 @ 18:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi guys

Aaaah yes, I really should have thought about that - And as Dennis writes indeed 4.1 is the v7 compatible one. #H5IS :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft