Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ondřej Šubrt 5 posts 25 karma points
    Dec 15, 2014 @ 18:01
    Ondřej Šubrt

Rich Text Editor in Umbraco 7.2.0 - Tables and Media Pickers

Why did you remove in umbraco 7.2.0 the possibility to set css classes to tables, columns and rows? In my opinion, It makes umbraco less comfortable and editable (I am talking about missing advance tab of table properties).

Why did you remove settings of width and height of images in richt text editor via media picker? It is hard to set it by cursor to exact value. It does not make any sense again.

If there is some alternative how to handle it, please tell me :).

Thanks for your response,

Ondřej Šubrt

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 15, 2014 @ 18:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ondej and welcome to our :)

I'm not able to answer why but I know others have requsted that this feature is being made available again. You can go and vote up this issue http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5926 and maybe it will be fixed.

Can't remember if it's perhaps possible to activate it somehow in the /config/tinymceeditorconfig.config file though.

As for the images it seems that it's possible to know define a maximum width in the rich text editor settings in the "Developer" -> "Datatypes" -> Rich text editor, which is default 500 pixels.

Hope this helps a bit.

/Jan

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 15, 2014 @ 18:28
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ondej and welcome to our :)

I would like to add something for the option how you could solve the possibility to set css classes to tables, columns and rows. You could give the Table Editor package a test run, to see if it also will work for Umbraco 7.2. http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/table-editor

I have seen this package being recommended, just so you have the ability to style your tables.

Hope this helps a bit for the table styling issue.

/Dennis

• Ondřej Šubrt 5 posts 25 karma points
    Dec 15, 2014 @ 18:59
    Ondřej Šubrt

Hi Dennis,

I tried Table Editor to integrate to Grid Editor and It does not work. I have already typed a message to author of Table Editor and I hope he will help me.

Ondřej

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft