Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Henning Molbaek 49 posts 99 karma points
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 11:05
    Henning Molbaek

Uploading 200MB files in 7.1.6

I need to ne able to upload big 200MB files in 7.1.6.

However, with no progress indicator it close to impossible to do with a slower internet connection.

Any suggestions? Is there compatible package I can use?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 11:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Henning

The files you're trying to upload what are they? And what should they be used for?

Perhaps it would be a better idea to FTP upload and then make a custom file picker for editors to be able to pick the file?

If it's videos then perhaps it would be better to create a youtube account and then embed the videos instead?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Henning Molbaek 49 posts 99 karma points
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 11:50
    Henning Molbaek

It is a zip file with software for a device used in the car industry.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 12:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Henning

Ok - What is the user scenario for the zip file? Should there be a download link for it?

Then I would consider to simply just put it on the server and place a static link for it or perhaps make a property editor, which can be used to pick it using angular js.

The only package I know about that supported uploading large files is 4-5 years old and is not compatible with Umbraco 7.

If you have not changed the standard upload limit in .NET, which is 4 MB then you can try increasing it following the tip provided by Jeavon here http://24days.in/umbraco/2013/6-easy-configuration-tweaks/

But I think you should also increase the timeout to 3600 seconds as well. Then you might succeed uploading the file anyway.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft