Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MambaStudio 4 posts 24 karma points
    Dec 17, 2014 @ 10:36
    MambaStudio

Does umbraco really suit for me ?

Hi,

I need your help to determine if Umbraco can fit to my needs.

The purpose that I'm following is to have one backoffice for multiple applications. Pages, posts, will be served by web api.

The content management of umbraco feel great, and that's what I'm looking for.

But content is not for only one website, I need a content management as a service, a module that's my apps can use to display some content.

Is it possible to use Umbraco this way ? In an easy way ?

Thanks.

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Dec 17, 2014 @ 12:09
    John C Scott

Yes absolutely. You can easily use Umbraco this way.

• MambaStudio 4 posts 24 karma points
    Dec 17, 2014 @ 17:45
    MambaStudio

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Can you point me to the right direction to do this ? I don't find any reliable documentation to do that.

My ultimate goal is to suppress the front of umbraco and only keep the back office, and use it to retrieve posts and pages via Web Api.

Thanks.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Dec 17, 2014 @ 17:58
    Nicholas Westby

In Umbraco, there is a content tree. The content tree contains a bunch of nested nodes. Each node is a piece of content. If you associate a template with those nodes, they will be represented as pages. However, if you do not associate them with templates, they will not be pages, but will instead just be content.

What this means is that you can use them to store complex content in a hierarchical fashion, and there don't need to be any website pages associated with any of that content.

And to clarify, when I say "template", I mean "cshtml file". What Umbraco calls a template is really just an MVC view (in the past, it could be other things, but since you aren't interested in that for your purposes I won't go into a any detail about that).

Sounds like it could be perfectly suited to your needs.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft