Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonas Gunnarsson 44 posts 194 karma points
    Dec 19, 2014 @ 07:51
    Jonas Gunnarsson

Missing refernce to assembly after upgrading

Hi, I have run in to some problem after upgradering from Umbraco 7.0.1 to the latest version through nuget in Visual Studio. I had a contact form that worked fine but after upgradering, I get this error in my controller

The type 'System.Web.Mvc.Controller' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

If I go to Rererences -> Framework and search for that reference it shows that I´m using version 4.0.0.1

And if I trie to reinstall it through References and Manage NuGet Packages I get this error.

Updating 'Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc 4.0.30506.0' to 'Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc 5.2.2' failed. Unable to find a version of 'UmbracoCms.Core' that is compatible with 'Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc 5.2.2'.

And I have some more reference that seems missing:

\App_Start\FilterConfig.cs

GlobalFilterCollection

HandleErrorAttribute

usercontrols\MultipleFileUpload\MultipleFileUpload.ascx.cs

noerd

MultipleFileUploadControl

Global.asax.cs

AreaRegistration

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 19, 2014 @ 07:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jonas

In regards to the first error it's probably because recently Microsoft patched the System.Web.MVC binary since they found a security issue with it. So the reference you have to System.Web.Mvc in your project needs to be removed and then re-added in order to get it working again.

Otherwise try reading this answer on SO http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26393157/windows-update-caused-mvc3-and-mvc4-stop-working

When you say you're trying to re-install...is I suppose it's the MVC framework rather than Umbraco? Or how are you doing it? Umbraco is not compatible with MVC 5 yet. which is probably why you see the first error.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Dec 19, 2014 @ 08:49
    Jonas Gunnarsson

Thanks Jan, I got rid of the first problem after following your link.

But now I get this error, google translate

Can not load file or assembly Mini Profiles, Version = 2.1.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = b44f9351044011a3 or one of its dependencies. Can not find file

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 19, 2014 @ 08:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jonas

Google translate? What do you mean by that? Sorry I'm a bit confused :)

/Jan

Dec 19, 2014 @ 08:53
    Jonas Gunnarsson

The .Net error message, it was in Swedish ;-) Sry for not clearing that out...

Dec 19, 2014 @ 09:52
    Jonas Gunnarsson

I think it´s a simular problem that I hade with System.Net.Mvc. I manually removed MiniProfiler.dll, but when I trie to reinstall it I get this error:

Install failed. Rolling back...Install-Package : Updating 'MiniProfiler 2.1.0' to 'MiniProfiler 3.1.1.140' failed. Unable to find a version of 'UmbracoCms.Core' that is compatible with 'MiniProfiler 3.1.1.140'.
    At line:1 char:16
    + Install-Package <<<<  MiniProfiler
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

• Stephen Davidson 216 posts 392 karma points
    Sep 11, 2016 @ 20:05
    Stephen Davidson

Did you get this sorted? Having the same issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft