Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• yauhen 5 posts 64 karma points
    Dec 22, 2014 @ 18:17
    yauhen

Classical ASP.NET MVC controller/view

Hello All,

I am just started with Umbraco so may be my question is slightly novice and duplicate.

We want to migrate some old project to umbraco. A lot of views are just content so they are good for saving as just views in umbraco. There are some small forms/view with standard crud operations. So the questions is how to integrate them with minimal efforts? I have seen following possibilities to integrate external controllers (inheritance from umraco classes):

..may be some others

So generally seem to me I need SurfaceController. But may be I am mistaken. Old controller uses full postbacks so for now we don't have time to rewrite this on web api or similar. No ajax or any. Just full server side. Seem to me with SurfaceCOntroller I could just copy related views and controller (renaming it with Surface prefix) and all will work as expected without necessity to add documents types content etc. They only problem is ust rooting because we don't like default surface url. May be there is somne roadmap which classes are better for what?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft