Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christine 115 posts 288 karma points
    Dec 22, 2014 @ 20:43
    Christine

Pages missing from the back office UI but visible on the website

Hello,

I created pages in the Umbraco back office and have re-opened the project and now they are missing from the back office UI.  However, I can see them on the website.  How can I get the pages to reappear in the back office?

I am working local host in Visual Studio 2012

Thanks in advance!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 22, 2014 @ 20:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Christine

Any chance that you're using IIS express and CE SQL? If so then it's unfortunately a known issue, which has been filed on the issue tracker here http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4621

The reason you're still seeing the content on the site is because it's still in the /app_data/umbraco.config, which is Umbraco's XML cache. But as soon as you update the XML cache (By republishing the entire site) then the content will disappear - So perhaps it's a good idea to make a copy of the umbraco.config file - That way you should be able to restore text content and settings.

You can work around the issue by either using IIS by creating an IIS site and point it to your umbraco web folder. You should also be able to migrate the database from CE SQL to MSSQL - Either of these steps should eliminate the issue.

I'm not sure it's something that the Umbraco core team can do someting about since I suspect it's really an issue in Microsofts end.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 22, 2014 @ 20:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hello again

I just read the last comment on the issue and it seems like it can actually happen if you're using IIS as well so I think the best approach would be to migrate the database from CE SQL to MSSQL.

/Jan

• Christine 115 posts 288 karma points
    Dec 22, 2014 @ 20:51
    Christine

Thanks for your quick reply.  I'll look into this!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft