Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tarunjit 103 posts 146 karma points
    Dec 24, 2014 @ 11:03
    Tarunjit

Changing Of Permissions To Users Take Time

Hi All,

We are exploring Umbraco7.1.4 features and have find that in case admin user changes rights of some some other roles then it takes some 20 minutes to assignment or deassignment of rights to that role.

To make it more understandable here is an example of your reference.

a. User with Administrator role goes to the Users section and select "User Types" tab or section.

b. On User Types section we have various roles. Out of these roles we select "Editor" role.

c. On the Deafult permissions section we selected right named "Send To Publish" and click "Save"

d. Then we logged in to Umbraco site with Editor role user but did not find an option to send page from content section for approval to publish. But after some time say 20 minutes we again logged in to Umbraco site with Editor role user and this time we had an option to send page from content section for approval to publish.

We are not sure how can we make these permission related changes instantly. Can any one please help us on this?

Regards

Tarunjit Singh

Dec 31, 2014 @ 07:44
    Tarunjit

Hi All,

Can any one please help us on this?

Regards

Tarunjit Singh

• Tony Groome 261 posts 804 karma points
    Dec 31, 2014 @ 12:11
    Tony Groome

Hi Tarunjit

I am setting up users at the moment and it is working almost instantly for me, the delay could be 3 or 4 seconds. My site is in development and hosted locally on my pc. I am using IE for the Writer User and FireFox for me, the Admin.

Hope it works out for you.

Tony

Jan 02, 2015 @ 12:08
    Tarunjit

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply.

My problem is not realted to setting up of users but rather it is related to assigning/deassigning some specific rights to certain roles. It is this which is taking time. Please refer to my previous comment for more clarification on this.

Regards

Tarunjit Singh

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft