This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Abdul 10 posts 60 karma points
    Dec 24, 2014 @ 15:54
    Abdul

From Website to MVC

Hi,

down vote

favorite

I have installed Umbraco 7.2 manually using this guide. I opened the website using Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web. I was following along with the videos on Umbraco site and when I reached the Developer series, Surface Controllers (more specifically on creating the Model), when he created a class (model) in the Models folder, he gets:

namespace nameOfProject.Models
    {
        public class nameOfModel
        {
          //
        }
    }

On the other hand, I get this:

public class nameOfModel
    {
        public nameOfModel()
        {
           //
        }
    }

In addition, when he creates the View, the intellisense brings up a lists with more options than what I get, for example, he keys in @Html.TextBoxFor ... but when I try to enter it, it's not listed!.

My guess is that it's not recognized as an MVC website. Although I have already sent the defaultRenderingEngine at Umbraco's config file to MVC.

P.S. I don't want to create an MVC solution via VS, but i'd rather have the installation manual since I've tried hopelessly installing using Nuget.

I am really confused and would like to get continue these tutorial series but I am lost due to the reasons mentioned above. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft