Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Sørensen 304 posts 650 karma points
    Dec 29, 2014 @ 22:03
    Paul Sørensen

Templates not saved as cshtml files

Hi

I have successfully upgraded from 6 to 7.2.1 and now I' trying to 'upgrade' my webforms to Mvc. I have changed the defaultrenderingengine to Mvc, I would like my Mvc templates to have the same name as my old Webforms so I delete my Webform and create a new Mvc template. 

The problem is the it appears in the Masterpage folder with extension .master. If I create a new template with an unsued name it appears in the views folder with the correct cshtml extension. O assume the is some sort of link in the database that I just can't find. 

I have tried to moved it fraom the Masterpage folder to the Views folder and changed the extension. I can then load it using the backend. When I change and save it it disappears from the views folder and appears again in the Masterpages folder

Any clues?

Paul S

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Dec 29, 2014 @ 22:17
    Nicholas Westby

Did you delete the "webforms" (aka, the templates with ".master" extensions) via the Umbraco interface, or did you just delete them directly from the file system? I suspect you'll have to delete them from the Umbraco interface.

If that doesn't work, it may be a bug in Umbraco, which you can report here: http://issues.umbraco.org/

Dec 29, 2014 @ 23:08
    Paul Sørensen

Hi

They were deleted from the UI.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Dec 29, 2014 @ 23:58
    Nicholas Westby

Then I imagine that is an Umbraco bug. Or it could be that the content nodes are still using the old template names. As a workaround, I recommend just using slightly different names for the MVC templates.

Jan 01, 2015 @ 12:19
    Paul Sørensen

Hi

If the file contains macros it is stored as a .masterfile - otherwise it is stored as a cshtnl - don't know if that's a bug.

Paul S

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft