Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Delly Mellas Nyman 64 posts 316 karma points
    Dec 30, 2014 @ 09:35
    Delly Mellas Nyman

Integrating Umbraco Membership with MVC 5 Application

Hi,

Is there any way to integrating umbraco membership with standalone MVC 5 Application?

My application requirements need to use umbraco membership as member management and relating my application content with umbraco content.

Can anybody provide what I have to do with this?

Thanks,
    Delly

• Paul Sørensen 304 posts 650 karma points
    Jan 01, 2015 @ 12:00
    Paul Sørensen

Hi

Umbraco does not support MVC5 yet but you can use UmbracoIdentity to solve your authentication issue

https://github.com/Shazwazza/UmbracoIdentity

/Paul S

Jan 05, 2015 @ 10:12
    Delly Mellas Nyman

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply, I have been use UmbracoIdentity, but how can I make that my Umbraco Authentication can be used with other application?
    I want to use Single Sign On for authentication problem, but can't get the security context from Umbraco apps, is there any way to use Single Sign On with Umbraco and non Umbraco Application?

Thanks,
    Delly 

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 05, 2015 @ 11:56
    Jeavon Leopold

FYI, you can build a custom version of Umbraco that supports MVC5 from this pull request if you really want/need it.

Jan 06, 2015 @ 09:29
    Delly Mellas Nyman

Hi Jeavon,

Thanks for your advice, finnaly found the solution, I will using the umbraco API for my MVC5 Application and using SSO as authentication service. As Paul advise, I use Umbraco Identity as authentication and use this to add SSO service to my Umbraco Identity.
    Thanks guys for your advices, it's really help.

Regards,
    Delly 

Jan 09, 2015 @ 05:03
    Delly Mellas Nyman

Hi,

After successfully create Single Sign On function on my umbraco site, I'm facing new trouble, that my authentication timeout between Umbraco Sites and MVC 5 application not synchronize correctly.

If my umbraco sites auth expired, my MVC 5 apps doesn't logged out automatically and vice versa.

I have override my umbraco membership timeout but it doesn't affect anything. Any advices for this?

Thanks,
    Delly 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft