Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Giuseppe 11 posts 30 karma points
    Dec 30, 2014 @ 11:25
    Giuseppe

Installing Umbraco website on Webserver

Hi guys, I'm new of Umbraco and I'm rolling hours of study about it. Now, today I attempt to move an umbraco local installation (made with webmatrix) online, on my web server (TopHost). I'm not able to see my Umbraco website...only the hoster welcome page....please...help me !!! Maybe that I'll need to modify something or  the config file....let me know how to....I'm still stucked....I'd like to work and learn about umbraco on my Ipad too...everywhere.;) Waiting for a resolutive answer!!! Happy new Year to Everybody!!!! ;)

• Alex Skrypnyk 6148 posts 24077 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Dec 30, 2014 @ 11:28
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Giuseppe,

Did you create site in the iis ? Did you check connection string ? What files did you upload to the server ?

Thanks

Dec 30, 2014 @ 11:36
    Giuseppe

Thanks for the ready answer Alex, I read somewhere that I need just copy the local folder installation...I just copied all the folder containing the Umbraco website...

Dec 30, 2014 @ 11:39
    Giuseppe

I'm a novice about Umbraco web hosting installation, please let me know the right steps to do to have my Umbraco website working on a web-host space....thanks a lot Alex for your interest to my question;) I appreciate it a lot!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6148 posts 24077 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Dec 30, 2014 @ 11:45
    Alex Skrypnyk

Read this before:

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/recommendations/recommended-reading-for-it-administrators/best-practices-for-live-deployment

You dont need all folders, the main things is to upload only required folders, change config file to live environment and set right folders permissions at the live server.

Folder Permissions : http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/permissions

Thanks

Dec 30, 2014 @ 20:57
    Giuseppe

Thanks Alex for your Answer, i was reading best practices like you suggest, but I'm still not able to understand how to set up and migrate online an Umbraco website. The suggested article is relevant for me only about file permissions, but the missing part is....witch folders I need to move on my webserver and how set up all the configuration stuff....please let me know if some other article from Umbraco Communities that can explain me step to step how set up and migrate a working Umbraco website from local to web hosting space. Thanks:)

Dec 30, 2014 @ 21:46
    Giuseppe

I found this tutorial on how to install Umbraco on a web server:
    http://our.umbraco.org/Documentation/Installation/install-umbraco-manually I will try to do it. Using IIS...I hope that's the right way:)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft