Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sham Yemul 35 posts 98 karma points
    Jan 01, 2015 @ 11:49
    Sham Yemul

Publish umbracoCms 7.1.8 content on server.

Hi,

I have installed UmbracoCms 7.1.8 on windows 7 (No service pack) 32-bit.  I am using IIS 7.5
    and .net framework 4.5.

I want publish umbraco pages on gearhost.com.  Let me know how I can publish umbraco pages
    on gearhost.com without using webmatrix?  Or is there any utiltity to publish umbrco content on live server?

I get publish option on “Content” tab but I could not found published files in umbraco project. 

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 02, 2015 @ 19:35
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Sham,

The way I do it is by uploading the files in your Umbraco project to the webserver in your case on gearhost.com. I normally uses FTP to upload the files to the server it could be Filezilla https://filezilla-project.org/

When you have upload the folder and files from your Umbraco installation, your perhaps need to do a bit more depending on which database you are using. If you are using the default SQL CE database you should be good to go, by just upload the files and folder to the web server and then visit the site url afterwords, Perhaps you need to publish the content.

If you are using a MSSQL database, then you need to create a backup of your database, and then install the backup of the database on the web server. When you have done this the last thing you need is to change the connection string to the database in the web config file, so it pointing on the database on your web server on your live environment

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jan 03, 2015 @ 11:58
    Sham Yemul

Hi Dennis,

Thaks for reply I have uploaded files on gearhost.com and I am using SQL Server so I take back up and restore it on gearhost database.  But when I open a site then it gives me following error
    "An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated."

Please let me know how should I fix this error?

Jan 03, 2015 @ 12:23
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Sham,

What you could try to get some more information about why you are getting this error, is go to  your web config file find the system.web section and change the

<system.web>
    <customErrors
    mode="RemoteOnly"/>
    </system
    .web>
    To
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system
    .web>

After you changed this try upload the web config file to the server again, and try reload the url, then I think you will get a more specific information about why you are getting this error.

If you then are able to solve the issue, then remember to change the value back from Off to RemoteOnly.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jan 03, 2015 @ 13:57
    Sham Yemul

Hi Dennis,

Yes I have already set <customErros mode="off"/> in my web.config file.  Still I get same error.

Jan 03, 2015 @ 14:12
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Sham,

This is case sensitive so make sure that is Off with an uppercase O and not off

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 09:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sham

Could you please post a screendump displaying the error message? Or copy all of it in here please? It seems that there are some confusions here so if you could clearly show us the error messages you're seeing then it will be a lot easier to figure where you're stuck and what you need to try :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft