Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ahmed 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 04, 2015 @ 15:11
    ahmed

Some Questions about the abilities of Umbraco CMS?

hi 
    i am new about umberaco CMS and i have following question about the abilities of umberaco and i hope from you please answer me if you have any knowledge about umberaco 
    Are below features below  applicable through administration UI only or using free module from gallery ? 

1. Security (Row level and Field Level)?
    2. Workflow engine with Escalation (Extensible with .net custom code)
    3. Reporting (With Dashboard and Charts and Tabular Reports)
    4. Module Builder (with Form Editor)
    5. Relationship management between Modules (Create new relationship)

kind regards, 
    Ahmed Samir

• Steve Morgan 1348 posts 4457 karma points c-trib
    Jan 05, 2015 @ 14:31
    Steve Morgan

Hi Ahmed,,

You've not had any responses as the terminology you use doesn't really relate to Umbraco and your queries either don't make sense (there's no concept of a row level for example - perhaps you mean a node?) or are a bit too vague. I'd recommend you take the time to download Umbraco and run through the "How to create a Basic Site"  tutorial. That will provide a good grounding of Umbraco and introduce the terminology so that you can ask more specific targetted questions and will get (almost) instant replies! The short answer from what your asking above appears to be "it depends"...  I suspect Umbraco is not going to do everything you're hinting at above. 

If you're more specific people on this formum will be able to help you on what is "out of the box" what is handled by a package and what you'd have to hand craft (with a few hints on how to approach it).  

HTH

Steve

• ahmed 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 05, 2015 @ 15:21
    ahmed

thank you steve for your replay 

first of all i came from DNN and Sharepoint frameworks development so i am sorry for this termenology if it not fit with umbraco.

second currently i am investigating umbraco and i post this question to ask about its featured related to my needs to shortcut for me not to take too much time to learn.

so please help me with the main topics just descption 

what are Security ,Workflow ,Reporting ,Module Builder (or entity like product entity )?

kind regards,

Ahmed Samir

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft