Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon 692 posts 1068 karma points
    Jan 05, 2015 @ 22:23
    Simon

Umbraco CMS interface is very slow

Hi,

I'm new to Umbraco and I have recently start developing a website with the latest Umbraco version, using an SQL Server database online.

But the umbraco website hosted locally,the CMS interface is very slow when try to accessing nodes, and also, at the moment, there are few nodes created. On the Frontend, through all browsers, the site is running smoothly, but from the CMS, it is very slow.

Do you have any ideas please how to solve it?

thank you.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 06, 2015 @ 00:12
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Simon,

What browser are you using ? 

It's very strange that ui is slow for you, new Umbraco is really fast enough.

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Jan 06, 2015 @ 07:02
    Sören Deger

Hi Simon,

can you chech the console in browser? Have you javascript errors in this?

Please check the umbraco log file, too. You can find this in /App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt. Have you errors in this log file?

You can check althoug the settings in web.config. Check if you have debug set to false.

Another cause could be incorrect settings in IIS. There are a lot of ways.

But usually the backend with the default settings is very very fast.

Best regards

Sören

Jan 06, 2015 @ 09:21
    Simon

Hi,

At some point in the log file, I hade the following error:-

2015-01-06 09:13:15,835 [7] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 12] An unhandled exception occurred

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)

at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)

at System.String.Format(String format, Object arg0)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.PageInspector.Runtime.MappingData.MappingDataUtilities.GenerateSelectorsForElementsWithTagName(List`1 elements, String selectorFormatString, SelectorGroupFunction[] groupMethods, Int32 startIndex)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.PageInspector.Runtime.MappingData.MappingDataUtilities.GenerateSelectorsForElementsWithTagName(List`1 elements, String selectorFormatString, SelectorGroupFunction[] groupMethods, Int32 startIndex)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.PageInspector.Runtime.MappingData.MappingDataUtilities.GenerateSelectorsWorker(IEnumerable`1 elements, String selectorFormatString, SelectorGroupFunction[] groupMethods)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.PageInspector.Runtime.MappingData.MappingDataUtilities.GenerateGlobalScopeSelectors(IEnumerable`1 elements)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.PageInspector.Runtime.MappingData.MappingDataUtilities.GenerateSelectors(IEnumerable`1 elements)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.PageInspector.Runtime.MappingData.MappingDataUtilities.ProcessDataIntoJsonObjects(IEnumerable`1 renderedOutputList)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.PageInspector.Runtime.Tracing.RequestDataHttpHandler.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

But it does not specify where the error is ocurring :/

Any ideas?

Thank you.

• Maff 141 posts 465 karma points
    Jan 06, 2015 @ 23:03
    Maff

Hi Simon,

It could be the fact that you're using a remote database. I'm working on a project currently where I have to access a remote database through a VPN and it can be a bit slow to respond, depending on my internet connection (which is usually pretty bad!).

Is there any way you can work from a local database or check your connection is ok?

Cheers,

Maff

Jan 09, 2015 @ 12:33
    Simon

Hi All,

I have gone into depth detail on this problem and appreciate any help regarding this.

First of all, I am running locally a latest umbraco site and it is connected with a remote database but for a reason, the CMS is behaving, in some circumstances (for example open a document type), very slow.

In fact, as the below image, I have tracked the timing for editNodeTypeNew.aspx and it results as 20.54 s, which is quite slow.

Also, I have connected with the remote database via SQL Management studio to check if quries are also slow to execute but it seems that quries execute normally.

Appreciate any guidance on this problem.

Thank you.

Regards 

• Tajamal 87 posts 175 karma points
    Jan 21, 2021 @ 14:32
    Tajamal

@Simon did you figure out a solution, i've ran into same problem?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft