Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 06, 2015 @ 18:29
    Ismail Mayat

GatheringNode event on complete rebuild

Guys,

I have a site which plenty of searching and therefore lots of data injection using gatheringnodedata.  So if i delete the indexes and restart the site the indexes rebuild however gatheringnode does not fire, i have to go into umbraco backend then rebuild indexes and then gatheringnode fires, anyone seen this before this is with umbraco 7.2.1

Regards

Ismail

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5269 karma points MVP 2x
    Jan 06, 2015 @ 22:04
    Shannon Deminick

Did this used two trigger on rebuild? Perhaps best to log an issue

Jan 06, 2015 @ 23:33
    Shannon Deminick

I've just tested in the latest dev-v7 branch and GatheringNodeData does fire during index rebuilding for each node - when using the Examine mgmt tools. I'll test to see what happens when the indexes don't exist.

Jan 06, 2015 @ 23:37
    Shannon Deminick

Just tested that too and it is firing in dev-v7 branch.

Jan 07, 2015 @ 10:40
    Ismail Mayat

Shannon,

Here is my theory on what is going on, when umbraco fires up we get xml cache being published then indexing happens, during indexing gathering node event is firing, however nothing at this point is listening to the event.  

We have setup gathering node event listen in a class that inherits from IApplicationEventHandler and the actual wiring up is done in OnApplicationStarted this happens later after the index has been built. This would explain why after the site has started you publish a node or rebuild the index from backend all your gatheringnode injection works. So I reckon i need to move the wiring up into something that happens before the indexing starts I suspect OnApplicationInitialized and OnApplicationStarting is still too late so maybe wire up in assembly: WebActivatorEx.PreApplicationStartMethod ?

Your thoughts?

Regards

Ismail

Jan 07, 2015 @ 12:42
    Ismail Mayat

Shannon,

Just an update tried all the events but they all ysod so have gone back to application started and i am thinking of after wiring up making a reindex call.

Regards

Ismail

Jan 07, 2015 @ 13:13
    Ismail Mayat

Further update i have added re index call in application started after events are wired up and now i get injected data. Not ideal but it works.

Regards

Ismail

Jan 08, 2015 @ 00:09
    Shannon Deminick

Hi Ismail,

We actually saw this problem too. It is fixed in this revision:

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/commit/f08320bd81b3387242093d777aa94dcd279ef256

and also by updating to the latest Examine on Nuget which exposes this event and makes the initialization a bit more lazy.

The issue is here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5976

So you can probably fix your own implementation by doing what we have done, or wait until 7.2.2 is out.

Jan 08, 2015 @ 10:15
    Ismail Mayat

Cheers Shannon, we have a fix for time being and will upgrade when 7.2.2 is out, one more thing have you noticed gatheringnode firing twice?

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft