Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Galt 64 posts 230 karma points
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 16:50
    Richard Galt

Upgrade from 7.1.6 to 7.2.1 Back office issues

Hi Guys,

I've attempted to upgrade from 7.1.6 to 7.2.1 but seem to have a problem with accessing various menu's in the back office.

When click the "Install local package" menu item I get the following error messages in my browser console and nothing happens:

http://dev.middevon.gov.uk/umbraco/LegacyTreeJs?umb__rnd=7.2.1.1474580280 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

Error evaluating js callback from legacy tree node: ReferenceError: openPackageCategory is not definedangular.min.js:63 (anonymous function)umbraco.services.js:3969 (anonymous function)jquery-2.0.3.min.js:10 x.event.dispatchjquery-2.0.3.min.js:10 y.handlejquery-2.0.3.min.js:10 x.event.triggerjquery-2.0.3.min.js:10 (anonymous function)jquery-2.0.3.min.js:4 x.extend.eachjquery-2.0.3.min.js:4 x.fn.x.eachjquery-2.0.3.min.js:10 x.fn.extend.triggerumbraco.directives.js:2583 emitEventumbraco.directives.js:2672 scope.selectangular.min.js:74 (anonymous function)angular-mobile.js:270 (anonymous function)angular.min.js:92 e.$evalangular.min.js:92 e.$applyangular-mobile.js:269 (anonymous function)jquery-2.0.3.min.js:10 x.event.dispatchjquery-2.0.3.min.js:10 y.handle

Has anyone seen this before?

Cheers

Rich

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 17:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Richard

What approach did you take upgrading the solution? And do you have any 3rd party packages installed? Is it a local site or a live site? If it's live how is it then hosted?

When you did the upgrade did you then make sure to merge the file in the /config/ folder? And did you clear the backoffice cache by going to the /config/ClientDependency.config file and increment the version number attribute? Make sure to recycle the app pool afterwards.

I have seen other people face other issues when upgrading so there could perhaps be an issue but it could also be that you just need to check the things mentioned above.

/Jan

Jan 07, 2015 @ 17:35
    Richard Galt

Hi Jan,

I did a manual upgrade and merged anything that needed doing as far as I'm aware.

I do have 3rd party packages:

• Archetype (Working)
    • Diplo Trace Log Viewer (Working)
    • PDF Creator (Working)
    • Umbraco Contour (Not Working but think I have found some information about this)
    • Umbraco Core Property Value Convertors (Working)

Content can be saved and published and media added but nothing in the developer / settings section works when you click the headings.

Thanks

Rich

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 18:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rich

Ok, maybe Umbraco Contour is the issue then.

Contour is not compatible with 7.2 as you have figured out already. So maybe uninstalling Contour and installing Umbraco Forms instead will solve the issue. Make sure you checkout this package when you migrate from Contour to Forms http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/umbraco-forms-migration

Hope this helps a bit.

/Jan

Jan 08, 2015 @ 11:15
    Richard Galt

Hi Jan,

I decided to start again from scratch. I removed Contour first before upgrading.

The back office seems to work better now but I get this error message:

InvalidCompositionException - ContentType with alias 'AToZFolder' was added as a Compsition to ContentType with alias 'AToZEntry', but there was a conflict on the PropertyType alias 'umbracoNaviHide'. PropertyTypes must have a unique alias across all Compositions in order to compose a valid ContentType Composition.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidCompositionException: InvalidCompositionException - ContentType with alias 'AToZFolder' was added as a Compsition to ContentType with alias 'AToZEntry', but there was a conflict on the PropertyType alias 'umbracoNaviHide'. PropertyTypes must have a unique alias across all Compositions in order to compose a valid ContentType Composition.]
       Umbraco.Core.Models.ContentTypeCompositionBase.AddContentType(IContentTypeComposition contentType) +635
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentTypeQueryMapper.MapContentTypeChildren(IContentTypeComposition[] contentTypes, Database db, TRepo contentTypeRepository, IDictionary`2 allParentContentTypeIds) +999
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentTypeQueryMapper.GetContentTypes(Int32[] contentTypeIds, Database db, TRepo contentTypeRepository, ITemplateRepository templateRepository) +284
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentTypeRepository.PerformGetAll(Int32[] ids) +72
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase`2.GetAll(TId[] ids) +1666
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentRepository.ProcessQuery(Sql sql) +319
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.VersionableRepositoryBase`2.GetPagedResultsByQuery(IQuery`1 query, Int32 pageIndex, Int32 pageSize, Int32& totalRecords, Tuple`2 nodeIdSelect, Func`2 processQuery, String orderBy, Direction orderDirection, Func`1 defaultFilter) +1410
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentRepository.GetPagedResultsByQuery(IQuery`1 query, Int32 pageIndex, Int32 pageSize, Int32& totalRecords, String orderBy, Direction orderDirection, String filter) +647
       Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentService.GetPagedDescendants(Int32 id, Int32 pageIndex, Int32 pageSize, Int32& totalChildren, String orderBy, Direction orderDirection, String filter) +960
       UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer.PerformIndexAll(String type) +837
       UmbracoExamine.BaseUmbracoIndexer.PerformIndexRebuild() +98
       Examine.ExamineManager.LoadProviders() +825
       Examine.ExamineManager..cctor() +28

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Examine.ExamineManager' threw an exception.]
       Umbraco.Web.Search.ExamineEvents.ApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase httpApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext) +88
       Umbraco.Core.EnumerableExtensions.ForEach(IEnumerable`1 items, Action`1 action) +148
       Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.Complete(Action`1 afterComplete) +116
       Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.Complete(Action`1 afterComplete) +49
       Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.StartApplication(Object sender, EventArgs e) +223

[HttpException (0x80004005): The type initializer for 'Examine.ExamineManager' threw an exception.]
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +12600317
       System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +175
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +304
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +404
       System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +475

[HttpException (0x80004005): The type initializer for 'Examine.ExamineManager' threw an exception.]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +12617364
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +159
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +12456981

Rich

Jan 08, 2015 @ 17:06
    Richard Galt

Managed to get this working in the end by removing the Composition reference in the cmsContentType2ContentType table and then removing the property from the child node.

• Arunabha Das 38 posts 151 karma points
    Apr 10, 2017 @ 07:02
    Arunabha Das

Hi Richard,

I am facing the same issue. can you please let me know, How you have removed the "Composition reference in the cmsContentType2ContentType table and then removing the property from the child node."

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft