Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Netadmin 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 16:55
    Netadmin

Keyword Search

I'm on 7.1.4.  I want to know what keywords people used to get to our website.  Is there a way to do that? Sounds pretty noobie because, well, I'm pretty noobie.

Thanks!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 17:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Netadmin

In order to figure out where your traffic is coming from you don't get this data from Umbraco. Umbraco is just delivering your content so it's possible to find it on the internet and search engines can index it etc.

If you need tracking I would recommend that you sign up for Google Analytics and get the Google Analytics snippet implemented so you can start tracking visits and see what search terms people use to find your content.

You can learn a lot more about Google analytics in general here http://www.google.com/analytics/

Once you have created an account and you have implemented the tracking script on your website you will be able to see and filter data logging into Google analytics.

But instead of needing to login to Google Analytics you can have the Google analytics for Umbraco package installed, which allows you to access the same data from within Umbraco within a new section. But remember it only displays the data, which is available to you from the Google Analytics login. It does not make you able to track visits or anything. It's only displaying data gathered by the Google analytics script. The package can be found here http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/analytics

If you're not a developer yourselft you should probably get in touch with the developer who's behind your current site in order to have these things setup.

Hope this helps :)

/Jan

• Netadmin 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 17:15
    Netadmin

Jan, this answer could not have been more clearly written.  Thank you very much for this detailed and handy insight.  I will pass it on.

Best

Scott

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 17:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Scott

Pleased to hear that - Very happy you found it useful.

Please don't hesitate to ask further questions if they should arise at some point :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft