Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew 138 posts 201 karma points
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 21:23
    Matthew

Server error in '/' application. System.BadImageFormatException... No string associated with token

This Umbraco 4.7 site has been running fine for years. Today it's hosed with the above error. Any thoughts?

This is the stack trace:

[BadImageFormatException: [C:\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\1d623344\d966b92c\assembly\dl3\ddb88295\5c23c67f_834bcd01\cms.dll] No string associated with token.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.<GetDomains>b__0() +0
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem) +123
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.GetDomains() +173
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.GetDomain(String DomainName) +44
       umbraco.requestHandler.CreateXPathQuery(String url, Boolean checkDomain) +227
       umbraco.requestHandler..ctor(XmlDocument umbracoContent, String url) +549
       umbraco.UmbracoDefault.Page_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1084
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) +9674398
       System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +31
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +335

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 21:45
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Matthew,

Try to see this post http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3595117/badimageformatexception-during-net-assembly-load-issue from StackOverflow. Could you please check that the site is not using the DefaultAppPool? If so, try setting the application pool of your web site to ASP.Net v4.0, Or if you are using a customized app pool, verify that it is running .net framework 4.0.

Hope this helps you to solve the issue,

/Dennis

Jan 08, 2015 @ 00:11
    Matthew

Thanks much Dennis. It's on another provider's hosting service and I don't have that access, so I'll contact their tech support and see what they can do with it. I appreciate the pointer, I didn't dig that one up in my research.

Jan 08, 2015 @ 06:28
    Matthew

I contacted Softsys (the host) support and they fiddled with the application pool and permissions but said to upload a new dll, same as the folks at the post you linked from stackoverflow. So I did, from a backup, and now it works fine again.

Much appreciated.

Matthew

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft