Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• shinsuke nakayama 109 posts 250 karma points
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 05:13
    shinsuke nakayama

Umbraco form in 7.2.1 - can't remove layout element

Hi guys,

This could be really stupid question but i can't seems to find an answer. On the Umbraco Form, i split the form into 2 column, using the new "Layout Element" functionality. and i added another, so now i have 3 column.

Now i want to remove 2 column and move back into 1 column, but i can't seems to find the option to do so. I can't seems to remove the column.

Is this possible?

Thank you Shinsuke

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 06:14
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Shinsuke,

I think I found a way that you could do it, but I also think that this could be done in a better way in the UI in the Umbraco Forms builder. So therefor I thinkt at you should make an issue on the issue tracker http://issues.umbraco.org/ in the Contour section to tell your experiences with this,

I assume that you already have moved the different fields that was in colum 2 back to column 1 by using the drag and drop functionality, and now the column 2 is empty for forms fields and you can´t find a way to the delete the column 2.

The way I have found that you can do, when you have removed all the fields from it´s by adding a dummy field to the column that you want to delete, then you ge the option to remove the whole column.

But as I said in the beginning for my post, I think that this could be possible to delete a column that has no form fields inside it.

Hope this make sense and helps,

/Dennis

• shinsuke nakayama 109 posts 250 karma points
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 06:35
    shinsuke nakayama

arh~~ got it, Thank you Dennis, saved my life :)

I'll raise this issue for imporvment

Shinsuke

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 22, 2015 @ 15:25

Nice find :) yeah that could definitly be improved, thanks for adding it to the issue tracker

• Kristina 1 post 71 karma points
    Apr 22, 2016 @ 13:42
    Kristina

I managed to fix this by adding a random field in the empty column and then remove it. The column just disappears.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft