Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ryios 122 posts 263 karma points
    Jan 12, 2015 @ 06:20
    Ryios

MembersMembershipProvider and UsersMembershipProvider

Is there any official documentation on how to completely replace both of these membership providers?

We have a slew of Umbraco Sites all running the same version (or will have) and we have a very custom authentication solution that actually uses CAS (Jasig) and WIF (.Net).

I have managed to Modify the CAS JASIG client to use the SessionAuthenticationModule (thus being WIF and Claims based as opposed to using FormsAuthenticationModule) and I have managed to get it to work on the front end by generating normal Name Claims identical to FormsAuthentication so Membership.GetCurrentUser functions properly.

Umbraco works fine with it all on the front end with Membership control and our custom Roles Provider.

However, I would like to also replace the backend Membership Provider so our SSO authentication will allow users with access ("IsUmbracoAdmin") to access the back office.

Via .Net Reflector, I discovered many ways in which I might be able to accomplish it, but there is a lot there and many many generic/abstracted interfaces and I'm not sure what I need to implement entirely without spending a few weeks going through all the possibilities.

So I'm wondering if anyone has done this or something like this already and if anyone (or umbraco themselves) have documented it.

• Ryios 122 posts 263 karma points
    Jan 12, 2015 @ 06:21
    Ryios

I would ideally like to also write my own authorization layer by extending the back office so that permissions has a claims picker (Like SharePoint) and then I would have code somewhere to determine if the current user's claims allow them access to that page.

• Vineeth 4 posts 74 karma points
    Sep 28, 2016 @ 05:37
    Vineeth

Hi Ryios

I am trying to work on something similar with U7 and CAS. Can you document how you accomplished this in git? It would be of great help for others to implement this.

Cheers

Vineeth

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft