Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shane 40 posts 193 karma points
    Jan 12, 2015 @ 11:09
    Shane

uSync not migrating document type changes

I'm looking to start using uSync to migrate new fields across all our environments. I am using Umbraco 7.1.4 and have installed uSync, added 2 fields to a document type and then pushed the code to the next environment but the new fields are not showing.

Do I need to change the default uSync configuration? Is there a way to debug where this could be going wrong?

Thanks

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Jan 12, 2015 @ 13:41
    Dan Lister

Hi Shane,

You may want to double check that read and attach are enabled within uSync's config file located at ~/config/uSyncSettings.config. The read property will enable uSync to synchronise when the application starts.

If you find your new properties have not been created, verify they exist within your document type definition file located at ~/uSync/DocumentTypes/<Alias>/<Alias>.def. If you have logging enabled on your installation, you should be able to see what going on there /app_data/logs/.

If that all fails, you could always try a manual import from the uSync Dashboard tab located within Umbraco's Developer section.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Dan.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 12, 2015 @ 14:32
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Shane,

Try to restart application by touch to the web.config. It it didn't help, try to fix uSync configuration.

Thanks

• Shane 40 posts 193 karma points
    Jan 12, 2015 @ 14:35
    Shane

Hi,

Thanks for the responses. I deleted this topic so not sure why it's still visible.

It turned out to be a MS Build problem. It wasn't including the uSync dll.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft