Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James 10 posts 50 karma points
    Jan 12, 2015 @ 20:48
    James

View member in back office with a custom MembershipProvider

Hello all.

I am playing around with Umbraco v7.1 and a custom Membership Provider and I'm encountering a small issue that I can't solve (or understand tbh).

I am creating, validating and getting users in my custom Membership Provider, using Entity Framework 6. This all seems to be working fine. When I log in to the back office and go to  the Members section I can see a list of my members, as I have overridden the  GetAllUsers() method. When I click on an individual user, to get their specific details, the following method, in my custom provider gets hit:

public override MembershipUser GetUser(object providerUserKey, bool userIsOnline)

but the providerUserKey object is always set to a load of zeros, I don't know why it isn't picking up the providerUserKey. It manages to pick up the members name and email with no problems.

I am hoping someone can give me some pointers on how this is picked up. I currently have the providerUserKey stored in my table as a varchar(100), I have also tried it as a uniqueIdentifier. 

If someone could point me in the direction of some documentation, or an up to date blog post that would be greatly appreciated.

Also worth noting that my membership provider is inheriting from System.Web.Security.Membership provider, not Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.MembersMembershipProvider. Is that correct?!

Can supply more info if needed!

Any help or replies greatly appreciated!

Thanks

James

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft