Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter S 169 posts 587 karma points
    Jan 13, 2015 @ 10:56
    Peter S

Checkbox list as macro property

Since there is no checkbox list available among the available macro datatypes I need to create a custom. I've read on the link below how to get started doing this and I thought modding the code from exercise 1 would be enough. Still, I can't get this to work. Probably not even close.

Any suggestion? Are there easier ways to do this? I just want to be able to click and get the value of a few pre-defined checkboxes.

https://github.com/umbraco/AngularWorkbook/blob/master/Exercises/Exercise1.md

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 13, 2015 @ 11:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Peter

Unfortunately there is no easier way to do it than to make a plugin for it yourself. Don't know if it's possible to easily copy the plugin the checkbox though.

But it would indeed be nice if it was possible to just pick a datatype to be used as a macro parameter. But I think that calls for a feature request on the issue tracker if such does not already exist.

/Jan

Jan 13, 2015 @ 11:18
    Peter S

I was afraid so. Any more pointers on how to go about?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 13, 2015 @ 11:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Peter

Well, I don't have more than what's already in the book you referenced. Have not had a peek in the source for a long time so can't remember where to look for the existing plugins. But perhaps this guide from Andy Butland can provide some inspiration? http://24days.in/umbraco/2014/traveller-guide/

I'll let you know if it come to think about other options.

/Jan

Jan 13, 2015 @ 11:47
    Peter S

Thanks, I'll have a look!

Jan 13, 2015 @ 11:47
    Peter S

*double post*

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft