Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jerode 44 posts 159 karma points
    Jan 13, 2015 @ 22:33
    Jerode

Our Umbraco Spam Post

Sorry for posting in the Using Umbraco 7 Forum but this is a meta post and I could not find a section to post this. Maybe Our Umbraco is operating on Umbraco 7 and I scored. If not admins, please feel to recategorize.

Just browsing around issues and noticed a spam post and no idea how to flag it.

Spam post

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 13, 2015 @ 22:44
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Jerode,

Yeah sometimes we have problems with users posting spam on the forum. The reason why you have no idea to flag the spam comment is because you don´t have the option to do it. It´s only the admins on Our that has the access to mark a comment as spam, and block a member.

And I think the we admins on Our do all we can to block members and delete the spam comments. If I see a spam comment myself, then I block the member and remove the spam comment

/Dennis

• Jerode 44 posts 159 karma points
    Jan 15, 2015 @ 11:23
    Jerode

Thanks for the prompt reply Dennis. Is there an advised board to post these so an admin will see them or should we just post it in the same board as the spam post is in?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 15, 2015 @ 11:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jerode

There is no place to report the spam posts - But people tend to tweet about it using the #umbraco hashtag or ping some of the administrators directly. So I'll encourage you to do the same if you see more spam in here.

Otherwise just be patient as we usually see the spam posts almost before they're written and have made sure that they are flagged as spam so only admins can see them but not regular users.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft