Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 11:15
    Graham Carr

MemberService_Saving called multiple times

I have some code within the MemberService_Saving event which creates some content nodes and media nodes based on the member that is created. The issue I am having is that the event is being fired multiple times, so as well as the SavedEntity being the Member that has been created with the Member name, the event is also being fired a few times with SavedEntity node name being the username of the member that I created!!

Does anyone know why this might be happening or has anyone come across this issue before and found a resolution??

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 12:09
    Jeroen Breuer

If you're calling .Save in your code the code might run again. If you don't want the events to be fired you can do this: .Save(raiseEvents: false)

Jeroen

Jan 14, 2015 @ 12:21
    Graham Carr

The issue I am having is that it is the standard save event when creating a member via the admin members section that is making the event fire multiple times. None of my code touches or tries to resave the member and instead it is only content and media nodes that are created so shouldn't have an effect on any member events.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 12:39
    Jeroen Breuer

Maybe you're using a package that tries to save it multiple times?

Jeroen

Jan 14, 2015 @ 13:41
    Graham Carr

I do have the MemberListView for Umbraco 7package installed, but regardless of wether I use that package to create the member or use the bog standard member creation functionality I still get the same result :/

• Matt Cheale 8 posts 33 karma points
    Nov 03, 2016 @ 14:29
    Matt Cheale

This issue appears to be related to this:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-7085

It feels like some refactoring is going on in the Membership area of Umbraco that is causing these things as I'm finding that saves when not changing a "fixed" member property result in the IMember in the event not having those properties at all. Looking at this multiple save I've dumped out the stack trace in the log file and I can see two separate paths through the code resulting the MemberService.Saving getting fired. I'll attach the stack traces to the issue above.

• Ulf Möllerström 69 posts 246 karma points
    Jan 26, 2021 @ 15:33
    Ulf Möllerström

Serious necro-posting: but HOW can this still be a problem in 8.10???

Any suggestions?

• nfvind 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 31, 2021 @ 21:39
    nfvind

I have the same issue in 8.11.1

fires three times

• Peter Sinke 11 posts 82 karma points
    Dec 06, 2021 @ 10:57
    Peter Sinke

I'm now on version 8.15.1 and this problem is still here.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft