Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gordon Saxby 1459 posts 1880 karma points
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 11:28
    Gordon Saxby

Image Cropper and Media Library

I am working on a site that already has a populated media library (of images) which are assigned to pages.

Can I introduce the Image Cropper so that the current images in the Media Library are not lost and will still be accessible on the current pages?

The documentation says to add the Image Cropper as a DataType on a DocType ... I tried changing the current Media Picker on my DocType to an Image Cropper but it didn't work. The image did not show on the page (node) and the cropper didn't show up properly / work either.

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 11:50
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Gordon,

Perhaps this episode from uHangout http://uhangout.co.uk/video/bQsvGmnYaUU where Jeavon Leopold explains the Image Cropper can help you.

He will guide you through the cropper in v7 and also explain how easy it is to do responsive imaging with Slimmage and Umbraco using his new package http://our.umbraco.org//projects/website-utilities/slimsy

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jan 14, 2015 @ 12:04
    Dennis Aaen

Jeavon talks about the images won´t loose the path, so try to se at 7 min point 15 sections into the video above.

Hope this answers your question.

/Dennis

• Gordon Saxby 1459 posts 1880 karma points
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 13:14
    Gordon Saxby

Thanks Dennis, I found that video about 2 minutes before you posted :-) It was very useful and explained exactly what I needed to do ... and it worked!

Jan 14, 2015 @ 13:20
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Gorden,

Glad that it was useful, and I could help although you already found the video 2 minutes before you posted :-)

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft