Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• bparks 23 posts 79 karma points
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 16:11
    bparks

Updating Media Cropper crops

I have added a cropper data type, and included this data type on my custom media type ("Team Photo").  The cropper works perfectly for me, except for the following scenario.

I initially defined 2 crops on the data type and proceeded to upload new images as media types.  This worked fine.  Now I need to remove one of the crop sizes and add a new crop size.  When I change the crops on the datatype, the existing media items still show the original crops (and not the new crop!).  When I add a new image, the new crop shows up correctly.

Is there any way I can have my existing media items use the new crops without having to re-upload all of these items? (they're already linked to other content nodes via a media picker, so I don't want to delete them if possible).

Using v7.2.1

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 16:36
    Dennis Aaen

Hi pbparks,

Have you tried to re-publish the page, to see if this updates the crop values. It should do. If you don´t have seen the uHangout episode, where Jeavon talks about the image cropper then you can do it here: http://uhangout.co.uk/video/bQsvGmnYaUU

Here is the snippet where he talks about update image with new crops http://youtu.be/bQsvGmnYaUU?t=6m40s

And you can choose the pubish entire site, so you don´t need to publish ever page one by one.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 17:33
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi,

You can use a pre-release version of my Crop Healer package for this, more info on the package here.

You can download a Umbraco package pre-release from here (the zip file) or if you use NuGet there is a MyGet feed here.

After installing the package when you save the data type, the package will seek out all uses of the cropper and attempt to sync the crops. When clicking the "Save" on the data type it may take some time to complete, you can check on progress by viewing the log file as shown on the GitHub page.

Hope his helps you and please let me know if you have any issues.

Jeavon

• Maff 141 posts 465 karma points
    Jan 23, 2015 @ 12:52
    Maff

Hi Jeavon,

This looks like a great package - any thoughts on when you will have a full release version ready?

Cheers,

Maff

Jan 23, 2015 @ 15:56
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Maff,

I am planning to release v0.1-beta on Monday.

I don't have a schedule for v0.2 or v1.0 yet, but v0.1 does the core job of fixing the crops if you need it.

Cheers,

Jeavon

Jan 23, 2015 @ 16:05
    Maff

Cool thanks - will definitely check it out! :)

Jan 26, 2015 @ 12:53
    Jan 26, 2015 @ 23:21
    Maff

Great thanks Jeavon!

I've installed it and it works great! Only slight problem is that installing it via NuGet updates ClientDependency to version 1.8 which causes problems with the MVC project - see the thread here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/38333-Error-creating-Controller-in-Umbraco-v6?p=2

I've uninstalled ClientDependency v1.8 and reinstalled v1.7.1.2 and everything still seems to be running fine.

Do you think that will cause any problems with your Crop Healer package?

Thanks,

Maff

Jan 27, 2015 @ 00:04
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Maff,

There will be no problem, this package is dependant on UmbracoCms.Core v7.1.8 which is dependant on CDF v1.7.1.2, so I think your upgrade is just NuGet thinking its fixing your downgrade. Presume you are using Unbraco v7.2.1?

Jeavon

Jan 27, 2015 @ 10:15
    Maff

Ah ok that makes sense.

It's all working fine anyway, so thanks for creating the package! :)

• Valerie 67 posts 163 karma points
    Jul 22, 2015 @ 09:51
    Valerie

I'm a bit confused - why does manually resaving a media item in the back end regenerate the crops but using the MediaService Save() method not?

Will this be rolled into the core? It's a bit of a pain with image heavy sites.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft