Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• SlothMonkey 17 posts 56 karma points
    Jan 16, 2015 @ 10:39
    SlothMonkey

Access one members properties from another member type

What I'm wanting to do is create a dynamic member in umbraco that has access to the properties other another member group.

Right now I'm creating a standard member and filling outs it data via a form like so:

Member newMember;
    MemberType demoMemberType = MemberType.GetByAlias("Member");

private void SomeMethod(ModelClass newEmployee)
    {

if (!memberSevice.Exists(newEmployee.FirstName + newEmployee.LastName))
        {
         newMember = Member.MakeNew(newEmployee.FirstName  + newEmployee.LastName , demoMemberType, new umbraco.BusinessLogic.User(0));
        }
        else if (memberSevice.Exists(newEmployee.FirstName + newEmployee.LastName))
        {

int count = 0;
          count = count + memberSevice.Count();
          newMember = Member.MakeNew(newEmployee.FirstName + newEmployee.LastName + count, demoMemberType, new umbraco.BusinessLogic.User(0));
         }

newMember.getProperty("firstName").Value = newEmployee.FirstName;
          newMember.Save();
    }

The Member is the stardard member that comes with Umbraco when you install it. However, I've added in a forum add on that has created a new member type called Dialogue MemberI've tried creating a new Dialogue member by simple changing the following line

MemberType demoMemberType = MemberType.GetByAlias("Dialogue Member")

I've done that with and without the space between the words but nothing worked.

With my normal member I do have access to the Member Groups that Dialogue Member has created and I can add my normal Member to one of these groups. However, when I log in to the forum, I have no ability to create new posts, edit my user info and things like. My theory is that I don't have access to the properties that are unique to Dialogue Memberand I have no idea how I can get access to them.

Does anyone know how I may access the properties of Dialogue Member from my Memberthrough code?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft