Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tony Groome 261 posts 804 karma points
    Jan 16, 2015 @ 15:41
    Tony Groome

User privileges for editor

Hi All

I'm having a strange one here. In the Content I have a Homepage and under that is Cafe and lots of other level 2 content. Below Cafe is the menu for today, yesterday and so on back. I have a content editor who can create today's menu, which is of type Cafe. Great! His Start Node in Content is Homepage so he never sees the homepage in his content editor. He is allowed to only see Cafe and below. My problem is he can edit the Cafe page. I only want him to create and edit pages below the Cafe page. So in his user permissions he is only allowed to Audit Trail, Browse Node, and Create the Cafe Page. But he can still edit the Cafe page. What am I missing? Just to be sure he can only Browse the homepage node even though he never sees it. I tried to take the Create permission from him on the Cafe Page and that only stopped him from creating pages of type Cafe.

If this can't be fixed, no worries at least the Cafe editor can only mess up his own page title name and content!

Thanks.

Tony

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 16, 2015 @ 23:08
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tony

Hmm...what happens if you set it up so that the "café" node is has "Browse" and "Create" set on it? Is the editor then be able to edit the Café node?

/Jan

• Tony Groome 261 posts 804 karma points
    Jan 19, 2015 @ 11:18
    Tony Groome

Hi Jan

Weird one! On Friday when I set browse and create on the cafe node it allowed me to change the cafe page but now it doesn't - the way I want it! It must have been tired on Friday and needed the weekend to set up!!

On Friday I did try to log out and then back in again just in case that might have helped the cause, but no. 

It's working now, so Happy Days! 

Tony

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 19, 2015 @ 11:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tony

Ok, as long as it's working - I know the feeling where one is a bit too tired and then nothing makes sense :)

Happy monday to you.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft