Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Agnew 22 posts 138 karma points
    Jan 20, 2015 @ 14:29
    Craig Agnew

Publishing anything on production gives YSOD

Hi guys,

I have an Umbraco 7.19 installation running with uCommerce 6 on SQL Server 2014. Everything works fine on local machine and release to production all looks fine. However, problem occurs when I try to publish anything - it gives YSOD in the context window.

New nodes appear but under "Link to Document" in Properties I see the following:

"Oops: this document is published but is not in the cache (internal error)"

I've tried republishing the entire site from local machine by copying full source and database but still nothing.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks, Craig

• Craig Agnew 22 posts 138 karma points
    Jan 20, 2015 @ 16:01
    Craig Agnew

For anyone who runs into similar problems, I managed to track this down to a problem with the way MySQL had been installed on the server - which may seem strange since I said I was running on SQL Server, but reading this post on stackoverflow it makes more sense: http://stackoverflow.com/a/26237830.

Basically MySQL dependancy had been written into machine.config during installation which made it every IIS site's business after that. Somehow this was conflicting with Umbraco. Following the steps in that stackoverflow answer to remove MySQL dependancy at root level fixed the problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft