Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob Gibson 13 posts 94 karma points
    Jan 20, 2015 @ 17:17
    Rob Gibson

GetGridHtml - Missing Content Node ID 0

Hey, I don't know what caused it but my server instance of Umbraco 7.2.0 recently broke, where all calls to CurrentPage.GetGridHtml began returning empty strings, producing the error message in the log. Running against the same database, my local copy was fine until upgraded to 7.2.1, and now both are showing the same problem.

I've tried regenerating indexes, clearing the recycle bin, and republishing all content but it always seems to just puke when I go to view any page.

Any advice?

Thanks, Rob

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 20, 2015 @ 21:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rob

Have you tried incrementing the value attribute in /config/ClientDependency.config and recycling the app pool as well?

/Jan

Jan 20, 2015 @ 21:43
    Rob Gibson

My hero! What does the value attribute do in the ClientDependency config? Is it associated with caching or what?

UPDATE: hmm, this fixed my local instance, but when I tried to do the same thing to the server it still had the same issue. Any ideas?

Thanks again, Rob

Jan 21, 2015 @ 07:28
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rob

Hmm, ok could you try deleting the temporary files in the /App_Data/Temp directory and then do the clientdependency increment stuff again and finish by recycling the app pool.

Does that help on your live site?

Incrementing the version attribute in clientdependency.config is busting the umbraco backoffice cache :)

/Jan

Jan 21, 2015 @ 18:03
    Rob Gibson

I have deleted the temporary files, republished clearing out the deleted records, incremented clientDependency value, recycled the app pool and no success. I wish I had a clue what was going on, but there are no errors in the event log and it always comes back to

2015-01-21 08:58:09,253 [43] WARN Umbraco.Web.Routing.DefaultUrlProvider - [Thread 51] Couldn't find any page with nodeId=0. This is most likely caused by the page not being published.

Thanks for all your help so far, I wish I knew more about the grid's functionality to be able to narrow this down more myself.

Rob

Jan 21, 2015 @ 20:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rob

Could you try to change the "debug" from "false" to "true" in the web.config? It should not be true in production but I think it's worth trying out to see if it changes anything. But it should be set back to false afterwards due to performance and security reasons.

/Jan

Jan 21, 2015 @ 21:11
    Rob Gibson

Hey Jan,

I did narrow down the error, it has nothing to do with the missing node. I found some code I had for clearing reciprocal relationships between two of my node types that was giving that error. Unfortunately, that still leaves me with a grid that isn't rendering and there are no errors just a lot of these:

2015-01-21 12:08:24,972 [21] INFO umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log - [Thread 72] Log scrubbed. Removed all items older than 2014-11-22 12:08:24 2015-01-21 12:09:51,378 [21] INFO umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log - [Thread 37] Log scrubbed. Removed all items older than 2014-11-22 12:09:51

How do you think I should go about debugging the grid? It boggles me that it works locally and not on the server.

Rob

Jan 21, 2015 @ 21:21
    Rob Gibson

Locally

On server

Jan 23, 2015 @ 17:06
    Rob Gibson

I located the issue: base.cshtml wasn't being included in the project, so my local instance was fine showing it and the server couldn't render any grids. I found this by taking the deploy package from the server and running a folder compare on my local copy.

Thanks for all your help.

Rob

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft