Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thorsten Hoffmann 48 posts 119 karma points
    Jan 21, 2015 @ 16:10
    Thorsten Hoffmann

Fanoe Starter Kit - Which Blog Package ?

Hi,

does somebody know which blog package is used in the Fanoe Starter Kit?

Thanks,

Thorsten

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 21, 2015 @ 17:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thorsten

I think it's an integrated part of the starter kit made by HQ - So it's not something that is independant.

Do you need the functionality from the package?

/Jan

Jan 21, 2015 @ 17:22
    Thorsten Hoffmann

Hi Jan,

I haven't worked with Umbraco for a while - so I'm trying to get up to date.

Do you know what the preferred or most used Blog Package for Umbraco is ?

uBlogy seems to be a Defacto-Standard at the moment, I think?

Thorsten 

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 21, 2015 @ 17:54
    Hendy Racher

Hi Thorsten,

In addition to uBlogsy, there's also Articulate.

HTH,

Hendy

Jan 21, 2015 @ 17:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thorsten

Aaah ok in that way :)

Well, uBlogsy seem to be very popular but there is also SmartBlog http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/smart-blog - I don't have any preference and I have not been working with any of them so I can't tell which is better or suits your needs best. I just know they exist. For blog-sites I normally use Wordpress rather than Umbraco.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jan 21, 2015 @ 18:04
    Thorsten Hoffmann

Thanks @Hendy for the links - Articulate looks promising...

@Jan: What would you recommend for an umbraco company website which needs a blog - a separate wordpress-blog running on a subdomain - e.g. blog.company.com ?

Thorsten

Jan 21, 2015 @ 19:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thorsten

If it's not a 100% dedicated blog then I would probably go with either creating a blog-like section in my Umbraco installations or use one of the available packages. I totally forgot about Articulate, which is made by Shannon from HQ. Have not tried it out myself though.

So if some of those packages mentioned are supported in the version of Umbraco the company is running the I would go with one of those rather than using Wordpress. If it was just a blog they needed I would go with Wordpress.

Hope this makes sense :)

/Jan

• Ayo Adesina 430 posts 1023 karma points
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 01:27
    Ayo Adesina

I would love to get my hands on Fanoe Starter Kit, when you install with SQL CE you can get it to pre install but when you select sql server you don't get that option!

I'm going to try and migrate the db to sql server.... first thing in the morning :-) wish me luck!

ps: What are your thoughts will this work? is there some where we can download the package?

or maybe manually move the files, in to another unmbrco instance..... ideas please?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 08:28
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ayo,

For the question part if you can download the Fanoe starter kit as a package, the answers it no, if you see the issue tracker, I have raised an issue about how to choose the Fanoe starter kit from the backoffice, if you starts with another one, or without any starter kits. See the issue here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6023

/Dennis

Feb 10, 2015 @ 09:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ayo

There should not be any issues with migrating from CE SQL to MSSQL. I usually use webmatrix, which has a migration options and I have never encountered had any issues migrating the Umbraco core and it's content.

/Jan

• Stuart Batty 14 posts 35 karma points
    Mar 01, 2017 @ 13:13
    Stuart Batty

I am trying to figure out how the "create new blog post" functionality was implemented in the fanoe starter kit. I can't see how the content page was created so that it has a list of blog posts and a button that allows for the creation of a new post.

This is what I'd like to recreate and expand upon for my site. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft